And now we return to ethical dilema theatre... (HTML script)

Sign in to follow this  

If you don't already know, I'm that guy that made the "All Freeman's Mind Episodes at once video" and the subsequent HTML script for watching a bunch of them at the same time. It was suggested that I make a new one for generating views for the new video on TGWTG. I could do that, but the thing is, I think that would be wrong.

The reason I made the first one was that YouTube changed their algorithms, which unfairly prevented Ross from getting views, so I wanted to help fix that. But now, Ross has been given a fair chance to get legitimate views on TGWTG, so I feel that artificially generating views for him is cheating. After all, the businesses pay lots of money to put their ads on videos so that people see them. If I created the HTML script and people started using it to generate false views, the businesses would have to pay more for views that didn't actually help sell their products. They would be getting screwed instead of Ross.

I know that giving Ross a few hundred extra views right now might not seem like a big deal, but if this actually worked and people realized out they could generate artificial views like this so easily, then unscrupulous people might start hiring legions of other users to run these scripts to artificially inflate their own videos to artificial views orders of magnitude higher than the views they actually deserve. Heck, maybe this is already going on. In any case, I don't want any part of it.

So I'm not making an HTML script for the new episodes. At least, not unless something like what happened on YoutTube happens again.

A well reasoned and ethical way to look at it. Good choice.

I, for one, enjoyed the theatre tonight m'lady. Did you?

It was quite sssssmashing.

if this actually worked and people realized out they could generate artificial views like this so easily, then unscrupulous people might start hiring legions of other users to run these scripts to artificially inflate their own videos to artificial views orders of magnitude higher than the views they actually deserve. Heck, maybe this is already going on. In any case, I don't want any part of it.

Too late... That's 90% of all views on Youtube.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

if this actually worked and people realized out they could generate artificial views like this so easily, then unscrupulous people might start hiring legions of other users to run these scripts to artificially inflate their own videos to artificial views orders of magnitude higher than the views they actually deserve. Heck, maybe this is already going on. In any case, I don't want any part of it.

Too late... That's 90% of all views on Youtube.

I can't pretend I didn't already suspect that.