Source Code: The Videogame

Sign in to follow this  

I recently watched Source Code (wich this topic will contain spoilers for) which I thought was an interesting movie, but would make a much more interesting videogame.

The first step would be to make sure it was only inspired by the movie and not actually associated with it because movie video games tend to suck.

SPOILERY BITS AND SUCH FOR THE MOVIE BELOW

In the movie there's a soldier that pretty much died in a helicopter crash except for his brain which is put in some quantum machine or whatever they called it ("quantum" here meaning "magic that looks science-ish").

When a terrorist bombs a train, the people behind the "Source Code" use their magic machine to let the dead soldier relive the last eight minutes of a passenger who died on the train, changing it however he wants in the simulation (without affecting reality) to identify the bomber and stop him from bombing his next target.

THE AWESOME* VIDEO GAME IDEA

*your opinion may vary

The idea I had after watching this was a game where you play as different dead soldiers in different terrorist attacks (or any major crime where someone dies). In each scenario you take the place of one person who dies in the attack. You will have a variety of conversation options and there will be hidden clues and weapons lying around to help you find the culprit. Everything will reset every eight minutes (or when you die, whichever comes first) so you have to memorize people's behaviors, clues, weapon locations, etc.

So tell me what you think of the idea, better or different ideas you may have, and if you happen to know a guy who can make something like this happen. (Also a better title, because "Source Code: The Videogame" is abysmal and probably a copyright violation)

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Unfortunately, they thought about this, and decided that it wouldn't make any money...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Unfortunately, they thought about this, and decided that it wouldn't make any money...

I'm pretty sure if this was done properly it would make all of the money

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Yeah, but with today's hardware you can't do it right... At least, not without spending tens of millions on development, and getting back the same amount you put into it several years later. (not smart business planning if you do that)

tbh- to think of it, it wouldnt be THAT difficult, provided you got modding experience on lets say- whatever engine mass effect series use (i dont really know, as i never got into it, but i imagine it would prob. be best engine for what you described), though it would be true it would require quite ammount of work

main difficulty would be to make some sort of selection option, which would allow you live trough multiple lives, i.e you'd play as multiple characters

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Yeah, it's the cost of the time, and the resources used to make it... Can't be done to make money in this world.

wait wait, a game with Jake Gyllenhaal, you serious? I'm going to get it!

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Having to redo the same 8 minute sequence over and over until I get it right is usually the thing that makes me want to stop playing a game, so I'm not sure if basing the whole game around it would be a good idea.

The rest of it sounds cool, though- having several different missions where you're sent into the body of someone who died in an attack and you have to gather information and prevent it from happening. It seems to me like it could be the basis for a great point and click adventure game.