Screencapture for GoldSrc?

Sign in to follow this  

I've been attempting to make gameplay videos of Half-Life 1 in GoldSrc. I'd use Source but it's sort of buggy. Though I ran into a bit of a problem -- it's hard to find a free recorder that'll pick it up. The inbuilt demo recorder system doesn't export any sound and I can't afford something like FRAPS or Dxtory (actually I can't afford anything at all atm). The recorder that comes with MSI Afterburner works, but it causes lag and sound issues. Other ones I tried won't even pick it up I suspect because it's OpenGL rather then DX. Any other suggestions? Thank you

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

I can send you a copy of FRAPS if you want... You'll want to take it easy with the recording lengths though, they tend to big really fast.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Yeah, 1 minute of Fraps is like, a GB or more of data. But like Bullseye is showing, it's really easy to share a copy with a friend or something like that.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Might as well bump this dead horse one more time. Open Broadcaster Software has a feature to save it directly to your hard drive. It's made for streaming so it compresses it nice.

Yeah, 1 minute of Fraps is like, a GB or more of data. But like Bullseye is showing, it's really easy to share a copy with a friend or something like that.

Depends on what resolution you record at and if you use the full resolution or half resolution option. Considering HL1 is from 1998 or something, I think he can get away with recording it at 480p.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

For the FRAPS videos, when i get enough videos, i just set this program run overnight and encode them all to mkv/h264. good quality/size ratio if you use the right settings.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

You might want to look into torrenting PowerDirector 11... It's all together a better product. (if you have the money to do it, purchase it instead, it's worth it)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.