FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 50

Oh wow, I may have made a major breakthrough in my research and another episode of FM came out (and with a round number too), all in a single day. I wish both of these events happened more often.

I found it a bit strange that in the furnace room Freeman carefully walked it around but gave no comment on the absence of doors. I half expected him to say something clever about how the architects probably decided that having just a window and two pipes would give plenty of access for those that need it. Well, maybe the ghosts distracted him.

:ugeek: I found that a bit odd as well. Maybe he was in a hurry to finish the episode. Maybe it could have said "Look another room without a dam exit!" or "Ah the entry into the pizza oven!"?

The sound guy for this episode did a really great job. I was watching with headphones, and when the car alarm started I thought it was happening outside...

It's funny, in the end part with the rubble collapsing, I always thought you had to beat the rubble... somehow, and escape out the door before it stopped. Which worked, so I guess *shrug*

Nice solid episode. I especially liked Freeman's freak-out at the end, along with "good Godzilla that's a good Godzilla!". But I think the ghost tangent dragged on too long.

I was fine with the ghost thought-train; the only FM thing I've ever really been left cold by was the song, but that might have been less disappointing for me if it wasn't right after such a long time gap. (THANKS A LOT MACHINIMA.COM)

I'm really looking forward to Freeman's slow-burning relief that the military's given up on him, mixed with irritation that they're not following their damn orders properly.

So, if I recall my Half-Life, next up on the agenda for Gordon is the room overlooking that area with the turret, the agrunts and the spawning vortigaunts near the copious snark nests (those should provide some interesting comments). Then down the tube into the sewers with the barnacles and the icthy. Then back up into the HECU warzone on the surface before taking the elevator down to the path into the Lambda Complex covered in radioactive goo.

The potential here for comments is fantastic. ;)

Also, there's a potential here of a flip-over to the Black Mesa mod. When Gordon jumps into the portal into Xen, that could be where another potential transition to the mod happens. Just a possibility. ;)

That'd be nice if Xen existed in Black Mesa. :D Eh, even if it did, I'd still prefer using the original game, it'd fit in better.

Oh, also, looking forward to the reaction to the second FAF message.

Two episodes are supposed to come out within a month. That's probably one episode away from finishing "Forget About Freeman". And the BM team still hasn't even started on Xen.

The new Black Mesa content is going to be pay to play, and they missed the deadline.

The deadline being the part where the CIA ninjas got the drop on freeman.

Plus with the hang time between announcement and delivery on Black Mesa, I wouldn't hold my breath on Xen.