The Reference Game.

Sign in to follow this  

Each person makes a pop-culture reference, in response to the person above you's pop culture reference. Nothing is too dated or obscure. All forms of media are acceptable sources. They have to make sense as responses to the previous line. They can't be another part if the same reference. No making them up. Link if challenged. I'll start.

"Wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and... Smell the ashes."

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Get up, get up, get up, why don't you stand up, stand up - It's time to start a fight!

I fear most of my references will be lyrics...

I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm... Nevermind.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

(Okay. Bad start. Your supposed to be replying, using a different pop culture reference. Like if I said, "One does not simply walk into Mordor.", one valid response would be "Challenge accepted!", and another would be "A quick jog if the planet wasn't broken." The How I Met Your Mother and Sonic Unleashed references both reply to the Lord of the Rings reference, instead of simply adding to it. Also, to make it a bit more expedient, please put the reference in quotations and list your source The Trenches style.)

"Chewing gum in line, eh? I hope you brought enough for everybody!" Blazing Saddles reference.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

"Good news, everyone. We have a mission to further the noble cause of intergalactic peace." - Futurama

"What an auspicious day for Alexandria. Garnet's ascension to the throne has brought hope and peace to this kingdom. The people are overjoyed; they believe a wonderful future is ahead of them... But the celebration isn't over yet. It's time to really light things up! Your former master is here, Bahamut. Play a requiem for her and all of Alexandria! " - Final Fantasy 9

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

"That makes about as much sense as grounded aviation. Or deep-sea astronomy." -Freeman's Mind

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." - The Big Lebowski

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt

“Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one but they think each others stink.” ― Simone Elkeles