YouTube unsubscribing channels randomly

Sign in to follow this  

This is serious, people!

It happened to me before but I thought maybe I clicked sth by accident.

Today I discovered I got unsubscribed from at least two channels on YouTube, including Accursed Farms! :evil:

Check out if you are still subscribed, because there are more people complaning about that on the internet... this looks like another google scam :/

And may explain why my AmazingMagda channel "magically" cannot exceed 423 subscibers number despite tiny, but steady grow in display with each of my new video. I don't think it's how slow I add videos anymore. :x

Anyone knows some rumors/explanation of this "phenomenon"?

*and it's not "being marked as an inactive user". Clearly I watch Ross's channel frequently and the other one I've been watching almost evey day for last month!

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Personally, I'll go with Hanlon's razor on this and say that it's a glitch. I googled it and it's been going on for a while actually.

I had to look at that link because I've always heard it called Heinlein's Law... (and I'm a fan of Heinlein's books)

Grey's Law (at the end) might also apply.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Personally, I'll go with Hanlon's razor on this and say that it's a glitch. I googled it and it's been going on for a while actually.

Well, we already know that google+ ex-CEO was malicious, so I like to think google is evil, or either, they are to big and can't get thair shit together :/ Besides, how can you protect such a big-ass corporation as google? Thay are ruled by pshychos, I'm sure.

Makes me want to have some kind of revenge... anyways... I investigated further and this is what happens: whatever "subscribe" button I click it never registers it after refreshing a site or changing to another video form the same channel. But when I check the main page of a channel I'm registered as subscribed. so what does this mean and how is it registered by google stats? How many YouTubers lost hundreds or thousands of subs because of this glitch? Of course none of google staff will respond to that! An that pisses me off! :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

The bigger a piece of software gets, the more likely there is to be glitches and bugs.

It may be worth a shot deleting the cookies and cache. Sometimes they can get mucked up with weird results. Also make sure that Google is on your youtube account if you separated your main account from your youtube one for the shitty G+ thing. Im not gonna say anymore on the G+ thing other than if it was Microsoft, they'd probably get slapped with an anti-trust suit again. But until someone makes an actual alternative to YouTube you're stuck with it and that sucks.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

Well, I tested my YT account subs with logging in from another computer in private mode. The same glitch shows up. I'm subscribed but i'm not subscribed. It's not cache or cookies.

I have completely deleted G+ on my private YT (because this is the one I'm talking about) and maybe now, when they're changing something AGAIN, YT freaks out again...

I have to mention that YT also has been subscribing users' accounts to some channels you may like without ever informing you. That happened to me too, but it's more obvious. Just unethical marketing strategy.

And Google has billions of dollars and somehow they can't afford to have a few competent workers? Then, they should't take so much onto themselves and just let other companies take some of their customers ;)

You know, I'm suspecting the deleting the G+ thing from your account may have something to do with it. (I still have no idea why they haven't been slapped with an anti-trust suit, other than that Google doesn't have any S in its name to snarkily turn into dollar signs.)

If someone could make a viable YouTube alternative that either doesn't suck or is limited to certain sorts of videos...

Nope.. the same problem with my AmazingMagda account, which is connected to Google+ from the beginning... I tell you, there's something fishy goin on ;p

Well in that case it really does sound like something you'd have to wait for them to fix. (Ha. They'd likely roll out another random site layout change before fixing that.)

Well in that case it really does sound like something you'd have to wait for them to fix. (Ha. They'd likely roll out another random site layout change before fixing that.)

Yeah... wait for them to fix somethin :roll: I wonder how google analytics treats that fact, when people are subscribed and unsubscribed at the same time! :/ I wonder if Ross has more subs than it has showed? And I wonder what's going on with my subs... :roll:

I said that at the beginning of g+ invasion, and I say it now: IKEA would design a better system than Google enforced on YT :lol::lol::lol::lol::mrgreen:

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I can't stand social-network integration. Especially all those "LOGIN WITH FACEBOOK" splattered around the internet. Sure, it's optional now, but soon enough it may not be. Also employers sometimes passing over qualified people because they don't have a bloody facebook page.

Thats something a different subject though.

I can't stand social-network integration. Especially all those "LOGIN WITH FACEBOOK" splattered around the internet. Sure, it's optional now, but soon enough it may not be. Also employers sometimes passing over qualified people because they don't have a bloody facebook page.

Thats something a different subject though.

Two topics that need to be in the Serious Topic section.

Well, the subscription issue seems to be working back... who the hell know what they were changing there? :ugeek:

Makes me wonder how much it would cost to set up a website similar to youtube. Definitely loads. How much data they must have sitting on how many storage devices across their massive server. Just the storage space would take up a lot.

Makes me wonder how much it would cost to set up a website similar to youtube. Definitely loads. How much data they must have sitting on how many storage devices across their massive server. Just the storage space would take up a lot.

http://paulwallbank.com/2012/08/23/how-much-server-space-do-internet-companies-need-to-run-their-sites/

http://sumanrs.wordpress.com/2012/04/14/youtube-yearly-costs-for-storagenetworking-estimate/

The cost of storage is getting cheaper, but it'd still be a lot of money.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 62 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.