General Chat

Indeed.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

I am not at all excited for DsX. Considering I never even played the first one, and I also keep on confusing it with Crysis for some reason...

What is DsX?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Yeah, sounds a bit more powerful than the piece of shit I have atm.

And what do you have?

look in the sky! it's Bullseye! here to save the world from having a shitty set up! :D

I try. ;):lol:

I'm just used to running newer games on crap systems, so I can usually help other people with better systems even more...

I think it's the 5770.

5770 > my Mobility 5470...

It isn't your video card if that's really what you have.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Then I have no idea what it is. I get massive lag in certain parts of the game, especially with heavy amounts of smoke or other effects. I can't run it with DirectX 11 enabled, I have to turn off every effect there is to even get it up to 60 fps and even then it goes down to 20 fps at some parts. Running it at a lower resolution doesn't help either. And I have firefox, msn and pretty much everything in the backgruond turned off so that I don't get RAM issues. Besides, I think a better graphics card would be great, especially since the 6990 has 4 GB VRAM and the 5770 only has 1 GB.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Then I have no idea what it is. I get massive lag in certain parts of the game, especially with heavy amounts of smoke or other effects. I can't run it with DirectX 11 enabled, I have to turn off every effect there is to even get it up to 60 fps and even then it goes down to 20 fps at some parts. Running it at a lower resolution doesn't help either. And I have firefox, msn and pretty much everything in the backgruond turned off so that I don't get RAM issues. Besides, I think a better graphics card would be great, especially since the 6990 has 4 GB VRAM and the 5770 only has 1 GB.

Well, the smoke does lag mine down to 13-15 FPS from 20... I'm betting the smoke is rendered as a fluid.

If you can't start DX11, then you're either on XP or you've got a bad DirectX install, or you've got a virus.

Another thing I remember reading was that some people were noticing a big increase in FPS when they turned off VSync...

Well, I looked into this and a lot of the complaints I'm seeing are on ATI cards. Lotta talk about DirectX 11 having issues too.

I think I'll just get this for the ps3....

Retired Forum Moderator

Well, I looked into this and a lot of the complaints I'm seeing are on ATI cards. Lotta talk about DirectX 11 having issues too.

Yeah, and the thing that really makes me wonder about what's going on is that my system has none of those issues, even though it should have much worse issues than the others are having.

I mean, seriously... DX11, full Tessellation, High FXAA, all on an 80 core GFX card without dropping the framerate any from min settings?!? WTF?

I suddenly just became very curious of just how pretty I can make my games look if I were to overclock my 5870. I'll look into that.

Retired Forum Moderator