General Chat

So, anyone play Gang Garrison?

Only complaints:

Stab is only effective when the person on the receiving end has bad ping (animation takes way too damn long).

Ammo should be more limited.

Otherwise a really fun game.

Link please?

http://ganggarrison.com/

Thanks!

And when he gets to heaven,

To saint Peter he will tell;

One more soldier reporting, sir.

I've served my time in Hell!

I knew this would happen some time, but never expected it to be so epic.

pI0Kwutugeg

Hi Friend.

Going to be leaving soon to pick up Deus Ex in a minute. Heard so much good about it I'm actually anxious. O_o

Retired Forum Moderator

What would I do if I had cybernetic augmentations...?

I'd probably look into doing an Iron Man or equivalent exercise thing.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I'd break into a bank, dance in the vault, then leave without taking anything just to mess with their heads...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Back from 8 hours of Deus Ex. Lord it's easy to get pulled out of reality with that game. Love the stealth.

Retired Forum Moderator

told ya :)

what i'd do with them, if i could somehow fly eventually, get x-ray vision(what guy wouldn't? don't judge me) probably the social thingy...i'd want the cloak for a lot of reasons....

If I had super vision, I wouldn't care for X-rays.

Wider bandwidths is where it's at.

Normal humans can see between about 700 nanometers and 450 nanometers in bandwidth. (red is 700, violet is 450. This is why electromagnetic spectral information with a bandwidth slightly shorter than 700 is InfraRed, and longer than 450 is UltraViolet).

Being able to see between 10 meters and 10,000 nanometers would enable one to see everything from medium frequency radio, low pitch sounds, heat, microwaves and low ionizing radiation.

Think about the implications of being able to see heat alone. (Like body heat.)

Let alone being able to intercept a wide variety of wireless signals just by seeing them.

I'm curious what the world would look like if you could see between those ranges. And also kinda curious how it would work, like would you see everything at once (cluttered world) or would you be able to willingly change the frequency at which you see?

Not that anyone can truly answer these questions since no one is capable of such sight, but still...

Retired Forum Moderator

If I had super vision, I wouldn't care for X-rays.

Wider bandwidths is where it's at.

Normal humans can see between about 700 nanometers and 450 nanometers in bandwidth. (red is 700, violet is 450. This is why electromagnetic spectral information with a bandwidth slightly shorter than 700 is InfraRed, and longer than 450 is UltraViolet).

Being able to see between 10 meters and 10,000 nanometers would enable one to see everything from medium frequency radio, low pitch sounds, heat, microwaves and low ionizing radiation.

Think about the implications of being able to see heat alone. (Like body heat.)

Let alone being able to intercept a wide variety of wireless signals just by seeing them.

You can't see low pitch sounds. They aren't electromagnetic radiation, they're just athmospheric vibrations.

Yeah, I realize that. :|

Technically radio would be in electronic signals. In order to be able to understand radio signals as sound, your brain would also have to be able to interpret, decode and possibly decrypt them.

If you could see those ranges, I think it would demand the ability to comprehend them all at once as opposed to being able to switch between ranges at will. You can see the entirety of the spectrum you comprehend with your eyes all at once, you don't need to sweep willingly between reds to violets up from orange, yellow, green, blue and indigo.

To that end I don't think we could imagine what seeing radio signals and what not would actually look like seeing as we don't really have methods of comprehending them right now beyond transmission and reception. Visibility of the intermediate would be very queer indeed.

Once again, increasing senses would require either reducing other senses, or having a giant brain.
Just like seeing X-rays would require something like lead eyes. We're talking about cybernetic augmentations here. :P

Big ass-griddle?