General Chat

my xbox360 is broken, i'm guessing the big storm we had last night fried it. it won't turn on, yes all the cords are plugged in. there's a disc stuck in there too. so yea my day is basically fucking ruined!

Well, broke down and put 5 dollars on the Mann Co. store, so I could buy the Sticky Jumper Alpha has been going on about. (It's fun as hell, just like he said) and used some of the extra money and bought a key. used it on a spy crate hoping for a Strange Knife and got EXACTLY what I was aiming for. :D

Then when I was busy having fun with that, my parents come home, call me out to the car, where I find a new 32" HDTV waiting for me.

So I've spent the whole day juggling TF2, PS3 and 360 trying out all my new things.

Freaking Christmas in September.

Retired Forum Moderator

...lucky son of a-

if anyone knows about Xboxs; does it seem entirely plausible that my cord is just fucked? last night we had a bad storm, i'm guessing that is what caused the damage. like if you smell the connecting point of the power chord it has a slight burned smell to it...but the port of the Xbox smells like it normally should; like plastic. so is it plausible that the electrical damage just affected the power box and not the Xbox itself? i mean for fucks sake i just got Dues Ex last week!

It might be the cord, but I would guess it's more likely the power supply inside the console died. They might be designed to fail instead of distributing dangerous surges to internal components like the processor.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

It might be the cord, but I would guess it's more likely the power supply inside the console died. They might be designed to fail instead of distributing dangerous surges to internal components like the processor.

That is the most likely. (that is how all computer PSUs are, and the XBOXes are 98% computer, 2% console)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

yea my friend, cory, he's looking at it, he's good at rebuilding xboxs, so far he said that he switched a dozen stuff(he's got like 3 Xboxes, i don't know why..) and can't figure out what's wrong with it. ah , the xbox can be broken; if my hard drive is corrupted..i have 2 years worth of saved games, if that's busted than..idk.

he thought the board was junk, apparently he was mistaken. he said he switched a dozen stuff but it still won't turn on...i was hoping it was a fried cord..he said he's gonna do research on it today after school..so yea.

A bit of violence can go a long way, i smacked my ps3 when it didnt want to start. It worked afterwards.

Percussive maintenance so far does not have an associated career.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Percussive maintenance so far does not have an associated career.

And that is very unfortunate, since it works for virtually anything...

idk what i'll do if Cory can't fix it...

Well, you could just get a better PC, and play games on there... You do know you can use your XBOX controllers on your PC don't you?

yea, i knew that...what i don't know however: can you hook up a keyboard(functionally) to your Xbox?

Yes you can, mouse too. The XBOX is really just a computer with a custom OS...