Civil Unrest in Yemen

Sign in to follow this  

I think you haven't gotten many responses because of the lack of interest in Yemen as a country.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I think you haven't gotten many responses because of the lack of interest in Yemen as a country.

I don't mind. After all, someone will read this.

I don't mind. After all, someone will read this.

Yeah, well... It won't be me! I didn't read it! You can't prove I did!

It's another playground for Saudi v Iranian proxy war games, just like Syria and Iraq now...

Regards

In the meantime the Western media is doing what it can to obscure the state of affairs from the public.

Cue the BBC News a couple of days back:

"Al Qaeda has become very active in Yemen so, you see, the Saudis intervened with aerial bombardments"

What they forgot to say, of course, is that the Saudis fight on Al Qaeda's side - they are both Sunnis - and the Saudis were bombing the Shia rebels, supported by Iran.

But, of course, Joe Blow on the streets of Swindon now thinks that the Saudis were actually bombing Al Qaeda...

Regards

In the meantime the Western media is doing what it can to obscure the state of affairs from the public.

"Al Qaeda has become very active in Yemen so, you see, the Saudis intervened with aerial bombardments"

What they forgot to say, of course, is that the Saudis fight on Al Qaeda's side - they are both Sunnis - and the Saudis were bombing the Shia rebels, supported by Iran.

But, of course, Joe Blow on the streets of Swindon now thinks that the Saudis were actually bombing Al Qaeda...

Regards

That's beyond bad journalism... I would be surprised if the dude doesn't get a massive penalty for it. (well not really surprised, but I'd definitely take everything from the BBC as possibly being the opposite of reality)

Regards

That's beyond bad journalism... I would be surprised if the dude doesn't get a massive penalty for it. (well not really surprised, but I'd definitely take everything from the BBC as possibly being the opposite of reality)

If I could see this BBC report, I'd be interested.

BTG, the BBC is opposite of your version of reality, not the actual one.

OT: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-30/fighting-and-air-strikes-continue-across-yemen/6357870?section=world

BTG, the BBC is opposite of your version of reality, not the actual one.

Ah, so they think that every human on the planet is inherently evil?

This was on-air BBC report, not on the web. You know I respect BBC as much as anyone but I totally agree with BTG that is was irresponsible.

Unfortunately, for the next 37 days BBC will be a morass of partisan propaganda and lobbyism as the General Election Campaign has started yesterday.

Regards

This was on-air BBC report, not on the web. You know I respect BBC as much as anyone but I totally agree with BTG that is was irresponsible.

Regards

If indeed it happened as you describe, then fucking hell, that's incompetent and lazy journalism at best and deliberate misinformation at worst.

Anyway, looks like the Saudis are gearing up for a ground campaign.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/31/us-yemen-security-idUSKBN0MR0HE20150331

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 46 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.