I love war.

Sign in to follow this  

I can provide evidence that the US military and FEMA are preparing to door-to-door confiscate all firearms in the USA, and many other active programs basically designed around the Nazi Germany pre-war policies. (and are blatantly lying to the US citizenry to have reasons to initiate sanctions on other countries, maintain the NSA spying programs, etc.)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I can provide evidence that the US military and FEMA are preparing to door-to-door confiscate all firearms in the USA,

Wow. This sells me the insanity mindset. You are, for all intents and purposes, far, far, to the right.

If you use an anonymous source, I'm going to bash my skull in.

and many other active programs basically designed around the Nazi Germany pre-war policies.

Fucking Godwin to top it off. You do know that Nazi Germany actually made guns easier to acquire, don't you (aside from the Jews, of course)?

(and are blatantly lying to the US citizenry to have reasons to initiate sanctions on other countries, maintain the NSA spying programs, etc.)

This is insane. Which countries are getting sanctioned, for what reasons, and for what possible gain?

That last part has been going on since the War on Terror.

Friends, friends! There is no need to fight over a simple discussion about my love of war, and possibly yours too.. War is a fantastic thing that must never die;for without it life is dull and without meaning.

Surely, there is the average desk job; but where's the fun in that?

Where's the screaming, the hellfire raining upon you like it did so many more people centuries before?

I believe in honor, for sure, because without honor there is nothing to live or die for; life truly is meaningless without war, dieing, living, and accomplishing your goals and making your enemies suffer for the pain they caused to your comrades.

Friends, friends! There is no need to fight over a simple discussion about my love of war, and possibly yours too..

N-one here supports you on your love of a vicious, horrible, murderous experience.

War is a fantastic thing that must never die;for without it life is dull and without meaning.

I've lived my entire life without ever needing to go fight and possibly die or get maimed. Stop assuming that everyone thinks the way you do.

Surely, there is the average desk job; but where's the fun in that?

So that one can provide for their families, their children, and allow them to live a fucking real life.

I believe in honor, for sure, because without honor there is nothing to live or die for;

How about humanist principles, like progress, improving the lives of others less fortunate, or helping humanity survive in general (like with space exploration)?

and making your enemies suffer for the pain they caused to your comrades.

Unless you're sadistic, there isn't any fun in causing harm to other human beings, or witnessing it, for that matter.

No-one here supports you on your love of a vicious, horrible, murderous experience.

You, maybe, but I think we all know here that all you speak for is but yourself.

I've lived my entire life without ever needing to go fight and possibly die or get maimed. Stop assuming that everyone thinks the way you do.

I feel pity for you and your boring, tired life. What more is there to life than that? Sitting, counting the days, hours, minutes..SECONDS! There's no purpose to that; if everyone was like you, we would be but mindless sheep, mating, eating, sleeping, and doing it all over again. What good is there in that? Without war we would be without purpose, a true MEANING behind it all. Space exploration? Simply a new battleground to fight on. Life is but a constant struggle to survive; or rather, it was.. and your kind has been the downfall of all that is good in man.

So that one can provide for their families, their children, and allow them to live a fucking real life.

And what will those children do? They will do the same, miserable existance that you had. I don't know about you, but I don't want that for my son.

How about humanist principles, like progress, improving the lives of others less fortunate, or helping humanity survive in general (like with space exploration)?

Progress in what? Physics? Science? All it boils down to is new means of war. Lasers, swords, muskets, what have you, I think everything leads up to war at some point.

Improving the lives of people less fortunate? Those people are less fortunate because of their own choices. They deserve no help because where they are now is their own damned fault!

Also, on the note of helping humanity survive, what's the point then? We are but mindless drones without quarrelling; war is a beautiful thing that mustn't be tampered with, else everything goes haywire. I don't believe in humanistic principles; we do what we need to in order to survive.

Unless you're sadistic, there isn't any fun in causing harm to other human beings, or witnessing it, for that matter.

Sadistic is just another word for loving what is true art: War, tactics and politics.

You, maybe, but I think we all know here that all you speak for is but yourself.[/color]

No I'm not. Several others here have stated how stupid and painful war is.

Without war we would be without purpose, a true MEANING behind it all.

Horseshit. I already stated that a very good true meaning should be having the human race expand into the stars and survive, not kill each other like fucking wolves.

and your kind has been the downfall of all that is good in man.

Yes, the good. The apathy the brutality, the callousness, the violence of man, all great and worthwhile values. :roll:

And what will those children do? They will do the same, miserable existance that you had. I don't know about you, but I don't want that for my son.[/color]

You want your son to die then? You want him hurt? You want him in pain, when he could do something like further the cause of science, education, or an easier lifestyle?

Progress in what?

To ensure humanity's survival, spread, freedom, and a less painful existence.

Improving the lives of people less fortunate? Those people are less fortunate because of their own choices. They deserve no help because where they are now is their own damned fault!

That's fucking insensitive as hell. If someone lost their job because their place of work closes, it's not their fault, if someone is living horribly due to a natural disaster, it's not their fault, if someone can't find work due to a chaotic war, it's not their fault, if someone can't get work because their area of residence is a resource stripped desert, it's not their fault, if someone can't find work because of their race, religion, or ethnicity, it's not their fault, if someone can't find work because of sanctions, it's not their fault, if someone can't find work due to corruption, it's not their fault, if someone can't find work because they're a refugee, it's not their fault.....

You want me to keep going?

Also, on the note of helping humanity survive, what's the point then?

So that we, as a species, continues to live, to spread, to possibly obtain a higher status in the world, or ascend a plane of higher existence?

What's the point in killing other human beings, of making other people's lives harder, to destroying human progress?

Sadistic is just another word for loving what is true art: War, tactics and politics.

So you admit you're sadistic and don't care about human life?

I'm usually abhorred by the current US surveillance state, and then someone like our rocket propelled friend comes along to demonstrate that yeah, maybe someone should keep an eye on certain people before they go on a murder spree.

And I'm serious here RPG, you think violence is glorious and you seem to have a serious empathy problem. It might not be a bad idea for you to talk to a mental health professional as well, I know there's a huge social stigma on that and is often considered insulting but better safe than sorry. People make their own meaning of life, you may think senseless bloodshed is the ultimate meaning in life, but you'll find that a vast majority of people prefer that you leave them out of it.

I'm actually kind of neutral on that topic.

No I'm not. Several others here have stated how stupid and painful war is.

Well, whatever you people may believe, I am still firm on the topic of my love of war.

Horseshit. I already stated that a very good true meaning should be having the human race expand into the stars and survive, not kill each other like fucking wolves.

We as a species, no matter how hard you try, will always fight. We are aggressive people. So why don't we embrace that? What's the point of expanding? In the end, what good is it? We'll be colonizing new planets, moons, rocks, asteroids, all sorts of things. But what good is it? In the end, we are nothing but atoms, moving around in a certain way that makes us feel alive.

Yes, the good. The apathy the brutality, the callousness, the violence of man, all great and worthwhile values. :roll:

I don't get it.

You want your son to die then? You want him hurt? You want him in pain, when he could do something like further the cause of science, education, or an easier lifestyle?

I want my son to live in glory, renown across all the lands as the man that stood proud and tall; something, no doubt your son would wish to do.

To ensure humanity's survival, spread, freedom, and a less painful existence.

Survival, spread, freedom, and a less painful existence, huh? Without pain, we would be lifeless. Freedom is something I'm actually rather keen to, but spread? survival?

Spreading out the human race is meaningless to me. There is no survival anymore. Death rates are staggeringly low in America particularly, and all other places that are particularly high is because of a dumb place to put their settlements, IE; pretty much all of africa.

That's fucking insensitive as hell. If someone lost their job because their place of work closes, it's not their fault, if someone is living horribly due to a natural disaster, it's not their fault, if someone can't find work due to a chaotic war, it's not their fault, if someone can't get work because their area of residence is a resource stripped desert, it's not their fault, if someone can't find work because of their race, religion, or ethnicity, it's not their fault, if someone can't find work because of sanctions, it's not their fault, if someone can't find work due to corruption, it's not their fault, if someone can't find work because they're a refugee, it's not their fault.....

You want me to keep going?

True, to that none of those things are their fault. But it is somebody's fault, isn't it?

Let me just address a few of these things that caught my eye:

if someone can't find work due to a chaotic war, it's not their fault,

Join up as a soldier. The sooner war ends, the faster people can get back to work.

if someone can't get work because their area of residence is a resource stripped desert

Move away. They shouldn't ever live in a desert anyway.

if someone can't find work because of their race, religion, or ethnicity

Again, move away.

if someone can't find work due to corruption,

I'm confused by this. Please go into detail.

Overall, I'm not saying I'm some kind of sadistic maniac that takes pleasure in killing pointlessly. I will only kill the enemy if the enemy is at war with my beloved nation, or to defend myself. But we as a species must embrace what we truly are: Brutes. Savages.

But we as a species must embrace what we truly are: Brutes. Savages.

I'd consider myself rather lady-like, which is something quite the opposite of a brute or savage.

I would only support a war that would in some way lead to improving the lives of others rather than just senselessly killing each other in some pointless war for a cause no one believes in. For being such a deluded warmonger you sure are narrow sighted to rule out interplanetary/intergalactic space battles which would only come from the improvement of humanity as a technological race. Humanity would of been on the moon at least a decade sooner if it weren't for WW2 being so drawn out and ended with the swift destruction of the soviet union as planed.

If WW3 were to break out everyone would be locked in a ground war so bloody that you'd be lucky to live to see the next day thanks to IFVs, tanks, and attack aircraft. Not much glory to have when your lower half is blown off as you lie dying an agonizing death from a skirmish that didn't even last twenty minutes.

Also what about civilians? What about their homes, livelihoods, and family that get destroyed and killed due to your bloody war? I don't see any glory for them, only suffering. Don't say they can just join the military. Why would anyone want to join an army and bring about the exact same suffering they faced to someone else?

I love Texas, I would defend it to the death if I had no choice but I would never go out and actively look for a senseless war for the sake of war.

"It is well that war is so terrible — lest we should grow too fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Brute savagery is a very good thing to move away from. Just because it's been a part of our species since the start does not mean we need to embrace it. It's something to rise above and outdo with. After all what are we if not trying to constantly rise above our own selves and improve? Technology, society, even war itself, has always evolved to be stronger, better, and more efficient. We've even tried to make wars more humane, as ironic as that must sound. The fact being that weapons based on cruelty are labeled war crimes. While not everyone in the world follows these laws, it's a step in the right direction.

I think the issue here is that you're taking a far to romanticized stance on war. Refusing to ignore the atrocities that accompany it in place of glory and honor; two things that will never be worth the lives lost to achieve it. That's not not something that should really be up for debate either, since anything that is obtained through the lose of another's life is not a good thing to obtain.

If you want a non-romanticized view of how wars can and have affected lives, you should look into a game called This War of Mine. I promise you there is no glory or honor for the civilians who are caught in between.

Also another problem I'm seeing here, and one that's honestly making me feel quite insulted, is this insistence that because we don't support and love war, we're living "meaningless, wretched" lives, and that our existence is miserable. How dare you tell me that my life is meaningless and miserable. Or anyone's life for that matter. I live for and love to create. Music, art, games; I can assure you that I feel absolutely nothing in the way of miserable right now. I sure don't feel like what I'm doing is meaningless either. As long as even one person on this planet appreciates what I'm doing, then that's all the proof I need to know that what I do is meaningful. I can get lost in music like you wouldn't believe, and reading is one of my favorite pass-times because I can explore new and exciting worlds in a comfortable and safe manner. I guarantee you that my existence is in no way wretched, and I'm very much annoyed that you would say that simply because you don't agree.

I don't know about you, but I don't want that for my son.
I want my son to live in glory, renown across all the lands as the man that stood proud and tall; something, no doubt your son would wish to do.

Your son should be allowed to do his own thing and chose his own path in life. If he should decide he wants to be a painter, or work an accountant job, or play for a professional sports team, or hell, bag groceries at a supermarket, then it is your duty as a parent to accept, love, and support him, not to mold him into what you THINK he should be doing.

Without pain, we would be lifeless.

Without pain our bodies would be in a healthier state. Pain is, after all, the bodies way of telling us something is wrong.

This is my varying collection of cents on the topic. I may play war games and read books about war but the difference there is that those aren't real. For all intents and purposes, I hate war and what it's done to people who didn't need to be involved in it but inevitably were.

"There was never a good war, or a bad peace." - Benjamin Franklin

Retired Forum Moderator

War is sometimes a necessary evil to try to reduce the risk of violence in the future. In my opinion, going to war with North Korea and eradicating the Kim dynasty would be great. I only desire war when it is to eliminate those who seek out war.

Otherwise, killing your fellow man is idiotic. The funniest thing is, I have a suspicion that every person here who is totally gung-ho about war has never enlisted for military service. Well, I tried my fucking hardest to get into the military simply because I believe in defending the country I live in and believe in. Unfortunately, due to me having been a teenager, I was Permanently Disqualified from serving in the armed forces.

I am against going to war, but I am not against fighting in a war.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

We as a species, no matter how hard you try, will always fight. We are aggressive people. So why don't we embrace that?

Because it's pointless and horrible?

I don't get it.

Sarcasm.

I want my son to live in glory, renown across all the lands as the man that stood proud and tall;

Except it's far more likely he'll die in horrible agony for something you made him do instead of doing something he wanted to do.

Without pain, we would be lifeless.

How do you know this?

Spreading out the human race is meaningless to me. There is no survival anymore. Death rates are staggeringly low in America particularly, and all other places that are particularly high is because of a dumb place to put their settlements, IE; pretty much all of africa.

This is a good thing, not a bad one.

Join up as a soldier. The sooner war ends, the faster people can get back to work.

Except they'll probably die pointlessly. An end to the war also doesn't guarantee people can get back to work, as the nation could be devastated to hell and back.

Move away. They shouldn't ever live in a desert anyway.

Again, move away.

Did it occur to you that perhaps they can't move away, due to other circumstances?

I'm confused by this. Please go into detail.

People's salaries get stolen by corrupt officials, people get maimed because safety procedures are ignored, worker's benefits are restricted, etc.

To what end? For what purpose? Have you ever asked why?

Humanity would of been on the moon at least a decade sooner if it weren't for WW2 being so drawn out and ended with the swift destruction of the soviet union as planed.

What? Just...what?

1. Space exploration and advances in rocket technology were progressed as a result of tecnological advances in WW2.

2. "Swift destruction of the Soviet Union"? What is that supposed to mean? If you mean the Nazi attempt at destroying the USSR, that would only have furthered the cause of genocide on a scale that the world had't seen in it's entire history. If you mean the comments made by Patton near the end of the war, then there are two problems with that:

A. Nobody wanted to fight the USSR. There wasn't any support for it in any of the Allied nations.

B. The Space Race was spurred on and advanced largely as a result of Cold War "stay one step ahead of the enemy" policies.

Otherwise, the rest of your post is sensible and reasonable.

War is sometimes a necessary evil to try to reduce the risk of violence in the future. In my opinion, going to war with North Korea and eradicating the Kim dynasty would be great. I only desire war when it is to eliminate those who seek out war.

While the first sentence is true, the problem is this: how can you determine which war is necessary and unnecessary? The main issue here is that the "necessity" of a war is largely subjective.

As for destroying North Korea, that can be achieved through less bloody means. Revolution, coup, etc.

Humanity would of been on the moon at least a decade sooner if it weren't for WW2 being so drawn out and ended with the swift destruction of the soviet union as planed.

What? Just...what?

1. Space exploration and advances in rocket technology were progressed as a result of technological advances in WW2.

2. "Swift destruction of the Soviet Union"? What is that supposed to mean? If you mean the Nazi attempt at destroying the USSR, that would only have furthered the cause of genocide on a scale that the world hadn't seen in it's entire history. If you mean the comments made by Patton near the end of the war, then there are two problems with that:

A. Nobody wanted to fight the USSR. There wasn't any support for it in any of the Allied nations.

B. The Space Race was spurred on and advanced largely as a result of Cold War "stay one step ahead of the enemy" policies.

I'd rebuttal but it seems you jack and shit about the second World War and Jack left town. It would also be going off topic if I did. Good day.

What? Just...what?

1. Space exploration and advances in rocket technology were progressed as a result of technological advances in WW2.

2. "Swift destruction of the Soviet Union"? What is that supposed to mean? If you mean the Nazi attempt at destroying the USSR, that would only have furthered the cause of genocide on a scale that the world hadn't seen in it's entire history. If you mean the comments made by Patton near the end of the war, then there are two problems with that:

I'd rebuttal but it seems you jack and shit about the second World War and Jack left town. It would also be going off topic if I did. Good day.

Actually everything he said about WWII was 100% accurate. The Soviets are the reason we got to the moon in 1969 and not 2000 because we HAD TO BEAT THEM TO PROVE THAT DEMOCRACY WAS GREATER THAN COMMUNISM IN EVERY FACET OF LIFE EVEN HOCKEY.

A necessary war is one where it is apparent that unless war is declared and the problem is removed, the world will be off much worse. World War 2 was a necessary war, as appeasing Hitler was simply destroying the stability of the world and giving him a better and better platform to complete his desire for world domination.

I personally feel that war with North Korea will save more lives than would waiting for the citizens to revolt. That is an opinion though because the situation is entirely hypothetical nd we can't know the outcomes.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I'd consider myself rather lady-like, which is something quite the opposite of a brute or savage.

v

it seems you jack and shit about the second World War and Jack left town.

:shock::o:roll: I'm apalled, miss. Your choice of words seems rather unbecoming of a lady. :-)

Actually everything he said about WWII was 100% accurate. The Soviets are the reason we got to the moon in 1969 and not 2000 because we HAD TO BEAT THEM TO PROVE THAT DEMOCRACY WAS GREATER THAN COMMUNISM IN EVERY FACET OF LIFE EVEN HOCKEY.

I agree with both Collective Foal and the ThePest179 on the subject.

JFK actually hated the space program and if not for the USSR, the US would never have bothered to go to the Moon. They'd be talking about it in the same way as they are now talking about Mars "sure, we can do that! Money? What money? No, no, no, now is not the time to spent so much on flights of fancy..."

Actually, I think that without the USSR and the Cold War, there would not have been a proper internet even (as it was originally developed by DARPA for the event of war with the USSR).

Regards

Actually, I think that without the USSR and the Cold War, there would not have been a proper internet even (as it was originally developed by DARPA for the event of war with the USSR).

Regards

Looks like those defense contracts finally paid off, huh? :mrgreen::P

Wow. This sells me the insanity mindset. You are, for all intents and purposes, far, far, to the right.

If you use an anonymous source, I'm going to bash my skull in.

LavSGvONNxc

Unless you'd prefer to bash your skull in, and I can quote my cousin that works for FEMA... "Yeah, there are workshops at each FEMA facility designed for destroying guns, and they have manuals for gathering them from everyone with the help of the military."

Fucking Godwin to top it off. You do know that Nazi Germany actually made guns easier to acquire, don't you (aside from the Jews, of course)?

Care to provide ANY evidence to back that up? (don't be a hypocrite and expect yourself to be exempt from providing evidence to support your claims)

This is insane. Which countries are getting sanctioned, for what reasons, and for what possible gain?

North Korea being sanctioned and blamed for the attack on SONY, though no evidence has arisen from anywhere to support that conclusion. It allows the US government to use a 'reason' for their sanctions to make them appear legitimate. (especially since they aren't doing any sanctions for the human rights violations, because if they did, then they'd look like hypocrites)

That last part has been going on since the War on Terror.

It doesn't matter how long it's been going on... A violation of our 4th Amendment is illegal, no matter the reason or length of time it's been happening without public knowledge, and it should be stopped.

video

You're using InfoWars as a source? You're fucking kidding me right?

In any case, you are aware that the whole "suspend the Constitution" measures they have in place are for emergencies where law and order has completely broken down, right? Because they stated it in your video. Do you honestly think that they are going to take away your rights "For the Evulz"?

Unless you'd prefer to bash your skull in, and I can quote my cousin that works for FEMA...

Looks like I'm cue for a skull fracture right now.

Care to provide ANY evidence to back that up? (don't be a hypocrite and expect yourself to be exempt from providing evidence to support your claims)

Just take a look at the 1938 German Weapons Act. You can probably find it in a google search.

(especially since they aren't doing any sanctions for the human rights violations, because if they did, then they'd look like hypocrites)

Just.....what? Explanation?

It doesn't matter how long it's been going on... A violation of our 4th Amendment is illegal, no matter the reason or length of time it's been happening without public knowledge, and it should be stopped.

I'm just making sure that you understand how long that this has been going on. Won't change unless the War on Terror ends tomorrow, and probably not even then.

Let me guess... You also think the United States is a democracy right? How about this... You stop using any political view that doesn't match yours as a form of insult, and you stop posing without any support. You demand sources from me with internet availability and links, then when I provide them, you simply dismiss them because you don't like who made them, or that they oppose your position. In addition, you don't post ANY sources yourself. (saying 'just look at X document that I can't be arsed to provide a link for' doesn't work, and you wouldn't accept it from your own opposition)

Sign in to follow this  

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.