I love war.

Sign in to follow this  

So, have you come to this thread in hopes of seeing me openly express my dire affection for war, killing, and cannon fodder? You came to the right place, my bright minded fellow. Not only that, but you can post your own love for war here as well! Have fun, you glorious bastards! Anyway..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbxgYlcNxE8

Ah, yes. I openly admit I am a fan of the gunpowder era, where you had to be brave enough to reload in amidst the shooting, cannon balls flying, and the possibility of the useful end of a bayonet being placed into your chest cavity.

The smell of blackpowder, the sound of the muskets snapping in the night.. I dream about it, and more often than not, it's glorious. Bask in its glory, I say! Muskets may be the same as modern weaponry, but honestly, nothing is like the feel of the wooden grip in hand, a pouch of cartridges placed on your shoulder, and the war cries of gentlemen from dotted areas around the countryside.

Why can't wars be like this today? Damn the fellow who invented modern weaponry; damn technology, for that matter. It's no longer about war, dear me, but it's all about information. I cry longsome for the day for gunpowder will be back on the frontlines, men in line regiments, shooting line after line. Then, as the men reload, the cavalry ride up to slay any puny commonwealth silly enough to stay. My question for you blokes here on terraria forums is..does anyone feel the same way?

I know, for the way that I wrote this, it seems as though I am admitting to being a psychopath or a murderer, but it is only that I have a heart for war, it seems. I hope for the day to become a general, to command regiments or entire armies if possible. Call me what you want, but the only thing that matters to me at the end of the day is whether or not I can still smell the blackpowder, hear the sound of muskets snapping in the night, etc etc. I love war. I love everything about it and it's beauty.

..Anyone want a cup of tea?

A man after m' own heart!

Except, y'know, he doesn't exist..

And the holocaust is something that I don't support, mostly because it was senseless killing for a bias opinion that everyone picked up because their fuhrer told them to.

Any war is crap if you're in the infantry. The war you are dreaming about is, basically, living in shit, slugging through cold mud or caking dust with a heavy load on your shoulders, for no apparent reason, being constantly cold/wet or hot/thirsty and permanently hungry. No medicine, so any cut or bruise can turn septic and kill you.

You get started by your sergeant for being slow on the march, shouted at by your officer for forgetting to buff your buttons. And then, you stand in the line and after having been spattered with your mate's brains and blood you realise that somebody has driven a bayonet through your guts. Good bye, Charley...

I fail to see - where's the glory in that?

Regards

You can try playing Mount & Blade: Napoleonic Wars. All the fun of getting mowed down in volleys without actually dying.

Seriously though, the infantry isn't fun. Do know about the last time humanity tried 19th century tactics with 20th century technology? The Great War happened. Now try that without the advancements in medicine and supplies in some mud filled trench with ammunition that can tear apart a man's torso.

It would be best to hold your tongue on the holohoax until you know more about it. Try visiting /pol/ once in a while.

What is fun about possibly dying a slow, painful death? What's fun about bringing that misery to others? What's fun about having loved ones die? What's fun in witnessing other go through a slow, painful death?

What is fun about possibly dying a slow, painful death? What's fun about bringing that misery to others? What's fun about having loved ones die? What's fun in witnessing other go through a slow, painful death?

What's fun about working every weekday of your life, just to stay alive until retirement, only to find out that you can't actually retire, and have to work for another 20 years? What's fun about being forced to work 2-3 minimum wage jobs just to live on your own, and not be kicked out of your lowest-end apartment? What's fun about doing nothing but work for 60-80 years straight, all for someone who's family hasn't done a day of work in 5 or more generations to make an extra $100,000,000? What's fun in that slow and painful death?

Honestly, I'd rather have the chance at doing something that MEANS something, than be stuck as some number that nobody will remember in 50 years.

I'm all for a war at this point.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Any war is crap if you're in the infantry. The war you are dreaming about is, basically, living in shit, slugging through cold mud or caking dust with a heavy load on your shoulders, for no apparent reason, being constantly cold/wet or hot/thirsty and permanently hungry. No medicine, so any cut or bruise can turn septic and kill you.

You get started by your sergeant for being slow on the march, shouted at by your officer for forgetting to buff your buttons. And then, you stand in the line and after having been spattered with your mate's brains and blood you realise that somebody has driven a bayonet through your guts. Good bye, Charley...

Regards

Ahaha, but that's the best of it! You spend days and days in hell, until you stand up victorious! Dying for your country is the most honorable thing you could do, but it's winning the war that matters. Spending days, nights, even weeks or months fighting, surrendering, advancing, and retreating. It's all a glorious thing to behold!

If you get shot, and you are in pain, and everything slowly goes to a grey, that means you fought for your country and will most likely die, but it is not a sad day; for (hopefully) you helped your troops through hell and back to reign victorious. And for that, you shall be remembered as a glorious commander.

Ending your enemy's life just means they got to live the same thing, except YOU won and not them. I believe in reincarnation, so that you can always try again.

Regards

Ahaha, but that's the best of it! You spend days and days in hell, until you stand up victorious! Dying for your country is the most honorable thing you could do, but it's winning the war that matters. Spending days, nights, even weeks or months fighting, surrendering, advancing, and retreating. It's all a glorious thing to behold!

PTSD, death, destruction, misery. What if you waste your life in a war, or end up crippled and out of work, barely able to make ends meet, and worst of all, didn't even win? Honor is just a lie told to people to get them killed or maimed for something they otherwise wouldn't care about. Watching other human beings die is bad enough, killing them yourself is extremely traumatic.

Dying for your country is the most honorable thing you could do

I disagree. I happen to think that me living is of more use to my country(ies) than me as a sack of cold meat, decomposing in a foreign field on the other side of the Earth.

Add that that the fact that very few wars are started for the real benefit of the nation - most are caused by incompetence or out of self-serving interests of certain people I have very little respect for.

I don't think there is much honour in dying so that some fat-arse moron in Kremlin or at No.10 Downing Street or in the bloody White House could better stuff his own pockets or ensure a lucrative lecture circuit for himself for when he gets kicked out by the next bunch of morons...

That is the main reason I decided against pursuing a career in the army.

Regards

Honor is just a lie told to people to get them killed or maimed for something they otherwise wouldn't care about.

You are incapable of understanding.

Honor is just a lie told to people to get them killed or maimed for something they otherwise wouldn't care about.

Any elaboration?

And for that, you shall be remembered as a glorious commander.

Unless you're not a commander, or you died doing something stupid, or you died in a way that's in no way glorious (the vast majority of casualties in wars throughout history have been from disease rather than combat). The odds are that as an individual you will not be remembered by history. You may be remembered as part of statistic, but I fail to see how any honor or glory comes from that.

Thats me giving a thumbs up. thats all you need

10882254_385343954967990_8436028517044826549_n.jpg.e49e4ad31e10dd1d0f0a64baa6c93b8a.jpg

Trust but verify - R,R

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof - C,S

Take your pick.

Any elaboration?

Elaborate on your inability to understand? I don't think going into more detail will change anything.

Saying that someone is incapable of understanding something without even attempting to explain isn't conducive to a good conversation.

Elaborate on your inability to understand? I don't think going into more detail will change anything.

Humor me. I'll listen.

Any elaboration?

If you're going to take part in a serious discussion you should be willing to explain your side and back up your statements. Ad Hominem is not a good argument technique. I always read these discussions with a neutral viewpoint to see who's most convincing(hobby of mine) and by taking this stance, I'm already more inclined to take his side of the argument because he's offered the better case. Just some food for thought.

Retired Forum Moderator

The problem is, that he doesn't believe that honor even exists. He thinks it's just some gimmick, and there is no value to it.

Without honor, there wouldn't have been a pause over Christmas during WWI, where German and English soldiers shared a meal and a football game...

Without honor, soldiers would kill their superior officers for a quick promotion...

Without honor, the Civil War would have been far bloodier...

I can go into more detail if required, but it shouldn't be necessary if you look back into history with even the slightest ability to understand what honor is.

Without honor, there wouldn't have been a pause over Christmas during WWI, where German and English soldiers shared a meal and a football game...

Can be explained as each side viewing the other as equals (in a sense), and wanting to have a good time over continuing a horrible war, if even for a moment.

Without honor, soldiers would kill their superior officers for a quick promotion...

That has nothing to do with honor, and everything to do with soldiers scared of their superiors and retribution.

Without honor, the Civil War would have been far bloodier...

How? Because CS soldiers wouldn't respect their superior's decisions, is that what you're getting at?

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 70 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.