A suggestion for the Game Dungeon!

Sign in to follow this  

First off I just want to say how much I enjoy all your videos. I started watching Fm around the time with all the madness with Machinima, and was hooked instantly to the point where on my walks, or runs I didn't listen to music anymore I listened to dl'd playlists of FM!

Maybe there's something to look into "Fat Free with Freeman!" Laugh your way to fitness as Freeman explains in details why aliens suck, and much more!

Anyway just when I thought it couldn't get better it did. The Game Dungeon. Oh man. I love FM, Ross. I truly do, but for me Game Dungeon is even better. I think that it's the fact that you're passionate about the games, and it translates into your speech, and the videos themselves, and I just end up loving everything about it. Even your anger, and frustration are genuine, and not forced/faked for a laugh like so many others do. The insightful commentary just adds to perfection!

Now that the fangasm is out of the way here's my suggestion:

Limbo of the Lost. You might be asking yourself what is this madness? Well...

LimbooftheLost.jpg

Limbo of the Lost is a freaking train wreck. Let's just get that out of the way. But, to answer the question it is a point-and-click adventure game developed by Majestic Studios for Windows PC. Production of the game began in 1993 for the Amiga ST and finally concluded in what we know as July of 2007. Yes, Duke Nukem Forever has jack on this game. It was published in 2007 to...unfortunate results not long after... But that is all a story for another day...

So what is it about?

Limbo of the Lost chronicles the adventures of Benjamin Briggs, the lost captain of the legendary ghost ship the Mary Celeste in Limbo. Some say he got lost there... There is still much speculation.

Do I need to elaborate more that we're getting into some mental territory?

What's this about plagiarism?

Limbo of the Lost's claim to fame is that despite its supposed 14 year development cycle; the game borrowed a "few" things. This resulted in it being pulled from shelves less than a year later. And by "a few things" I mean the developers wholesale stole assets from a colorful and diverse variety of games in order to flesh out its abysmal experience. Diablo 2, Oblivion, Thief 3, Unreal Tournament 2004, Painkiller, Vampire: Masquerades...the list goes on and on...

It's like Where's Waldo, only with a civil lawsuit when you find him.

This game has pretty abysmal spell checking and like I said is totally mental. It is beatable, but is in general just insane. Like adventure puzzle just isn't even close to this. In one part of the game he says he's terrified of bugs only earlier he had a pocket full of them. It can't even keep it's own protagonist traits straight. It's a glorious train wreck.

It's fairly obscure, or really obscure I couldn't tell you. I know no one I know has heard of it, and the fact that it was pulled from shelves so quickly didn't help it so it has that going for it. If you're amazed other games got made then this will blow your mind. 14 years remember.

I will admit there's some mild maze wandering that is made slightly worse by having no indication of what you're to do. It's not really truly all that bad in comparison to Rev's that you did, and I imagine the sheer "I can't believe this" factor might make up for it.

Just my suggestion. Enjoy your time off now that you finally finished FM part 1 Ross. You've earned it.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

tl;dr, but +1 for username

that is, imaginary +1

you know, where everything is made up and the points don't matter

Oh, man, I know this game. It is awful, Ross, do it if you like pixel hunts, the worst plot ever, and the most amazingly "wat" ending ever made. Seriously, Helious' ending has nothing on this.

Oh, man, I know this game. It is awful, Ross, do it if you like pixel hunts, the worst plot ever, and the most amazingly "wat" ending ever made. Seriously, Helious' ending has nothing on this.

I know can you imagine Ross playing it? It would be incredible. The ending is so...out there I would probably pay money for a Let's play of him with a face cam just to see his reactions.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Ross's reaction to the ending alone would make it worth it.

I saw Vinny play this, and this thread makes it sound tamer than it actually is. It's fucking horrible.

He who fights drummers

I saw Vinny play this, and this thread makes it sound tamer than it actually is. It's fucking horrible.

Oh, it's definitely the worst game ever made in my opinion. At least that's complete and you can beat at any rate. Which is why seeing Ross play it would be amazing. Some of his reactions to some of the scenes like the ending, or the worrymiester would be the stuff of legends.