Patreon Reward Ideas

Ross says he doesn't know what to offer for rewards on a Patreon account. What a strange person! We get a new video to watch and that's somehow not a reward? Well, let's see if we can throw reward ideas at the wall and see if they stick.

I guess the wall in this case is Ross, and reward ideas are things that we like?

Throw things you like at Ross.

1) Ross takes a game dungeon request for every, maybe, third dungeon. Since he started the thing people have wanted their favorite hidden gem to get Ross Scott brand polish. It shouldn't happen too often of course; the worst thing in the world is for a unique perspective to become opinion by committee.

2) Your sponsorship earns your name or handle in an episode's credits. This is cheap and easy, which is why people always offer it. Ross is a person, so he can offer it too.

3) Signed swag. I hear a merch store is in the works? Why not get merch with marker all over it?

4) Custom audio of some kind. Buy an audio pack for Baldur's Gate or something? I'm not sure about this one, could be a lot of work.

5) Access or early access to extended editions of things?

I know that DasBoSchitt would do livestreams of him creating his machinimas to his supporters.

I'm not sure if that would work with Ross Scott though, as he's not typically an animator.

Perhaps a sound file of him saying something you submit to him, a bit like the ending to Honest Movie Trailers.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

I'm in love with the idea of higher priced variants on lower priced rewards. There could be a livestream for the lower tiers and a group Skype call for the higher tiers, though the latter might lead to people shouting over each other and competing for Ross' attention. Also, if you pay enough, then instead of getting Ross to say whatever you want.. you get him to SING whatever you want! My younger sister plays the "I am a Very Model of a Modern Major General" clip often, so I bet she'd get a kick out of that. In the far off future where I actually have a job, I can totally see myself paying fifty dollars to hear Ross belt out Sondheim, but he probably wouldn't know the song so I'd have to pay him more than usual to compensate for time spent learning the song..

One thing that could be done is access to screenshots or clips of things that didn't make it into the final cut, like while in game he could take screenshots of interesting things, little secrets, ect. Sorta like how he said he couldn't add the stadium level into the final cut due to processing time. But he could've added screenshots to the patreon

100% is going to be a cut-rate clown

Various reward ideas, huh?

• Autographed head shots of Ross
  • Autographed screenshots of head shots from FPS's which were taken by Ross
  • Voice mail greetings recorded by Mister Scott
  • High-tier reward: signed copies of old DOS games sent to rich patrons
  • Floppy diskettes filled with Ross's favorite text files
  • Ability to vote on what will be next covered on Ross's Game Dungeon
  • Get your avatar or other graphic featured during the end credits of video(s)
  • Vote for which clothes Ross wears on-screen during those few times he is on-camera
  • Ross wears your money as an arts-and-crafts "Burger King"-esque crown made of adhesive tape and dollars

Ross cuts his hair and distributes locks of it to his patrons.