Darkest Dungeon

Sign in to follow this  

Anyone else playing this? I am and having a blast while kicking myself for getting my hapless mercenaries killed.

For the unaware it's a sidescrolling, turn-based dungeon crawler where the main gimmick is an emphasis on the psychological toll of the job of delving into eldritch tombs and slaying beasts for the promise of loot.

A couple trailers: AQLxdHfMPF8 and wjiBB3nBR-w

It's currently in Early Access and slated for a PC and PS4 release.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Gonna torrent it to try... Sounds extremely interesting though. (especially if there are a variety of weapons/armor and characters to choose from)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Not any armor options to my knowledge, just linear upgrades costing a gold investment. Each character has 2 item slots. A lot of classes though.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

They really need to expand the inventory limit... Also have equippable armor/weapons, a couple more trinket slots, and a variable number of heroes in each quest. (like if you wanted to run 2-3 level 3 heroes on a level 1 mission) They also need to make it less obvious that the combat favors the enemy the more often you win. (send in a 4 pack of maxed out level 2s into a level 1 boss mission, slaughter everything but the boss in the dungeon, go into the boss with full health, and the boss kills all 4 in 6 turns with conventional attacks that crit 75% of the time) They need to finish building the other two map locations, and put something at that statue thing in the center of town. They also need to make a description for what each of the afflictions do. (like irrational making them refuse healing sometimes, or attack on their own, or move positions in the group, etc.)

Apart from those, and the slightly unwieldy UI, it is a remarkably addictive game. (I do also like the fact that it has very nice smooth transitions all over the place)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.