Realtek Audio woes.

Sign in to follow this  

I am in need of some tech advice. I am using the ASUS Sabertooth 990FX motherboard using the latest Realtek Audio drivers. I have a Logitech X540 analog surround sound system. When I was using windows 7 on my HP build I could tick the speaker fill option and get sound through all 5 speakers. Now with the ASUS Realtek audio manager, I can tick the speaker fill option and it does not work. All it does is makes my left and right speakers louder and no sound comes out the others. Is there anyway to fix this problem?

Yes I used Google.

Begone the fools that lead me I need not to know accept reclining spirit I need to endure You try to live a lifetime each and every day In this short time of promise you're a memory

Check your Windows sound settings, it might be set to stereo only. Also, check your cables to make sure they are properly connected.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Aside from recommending an add-on soundcard, I don't have a software recommendation. I've been personally battling the Asus Realtek manager for months with various issues without much luck in fixing them (including this one) vs. finding a work around. For some reason, this seems to be common with the Asus boards and the realtek audio.

For some reason, this seems to be common with the Asus boards and the realtek audio.

It's not just ASUS boards... It's most realtek implementations that have this issue.

For some reason, this seems to be common with the Asus boards and the realtek audio.

It's not just ASUS boards... It's most realtek implementations that have this issue.

Odd, my previous Gigabyte boards and my friend's Asrock board don't have the same issue. For that matter, the foxconn boards I've encountered don't have the same issues either. Asus is the first brand I've encountered to be this troublesome with their on-board audio, especially since the Windows registry edits that exist don't work with the Asus boards because, on reboot to apply the changes, the old settings get forced back. And upon google searches, most threads discussing these issues stem from an Asus board of some kind.

Odd... I've had boards from virtually every manufacturer have issues with their Realtek implementations. I guess it just depends on the combination of the board, the chipset, and the manufacturer.