X-Files

Sign in to follow this  

Any X-Files fans here? Its now officially back with first 2 miniseries already out.

I enjoyed watching it, but critical me started asking:

I wonder what really happened during this time? Season 9 ended on a sad note with no way out kinda feeling that end of the world is coming and It cannot be stopped. I reread the last episodes plot summary as well as the plot for the 2008 movie and I felt that they have pretty much "forgot" on how they ended season 9. Yes, in the first episode of the new series Mulder realizes that its not aliens taking over and he has been mislead all those years, but still... Even if there is no colonization by the aliens, shouldn't something have happened by now? It may change of course - maybe the judgement day is almost here (just a few years late from the original target of 2012)? Otherwise it feels like it was business as usual - nothing really has happened since 2002...

Also - I really didn't get who and why reopened the X-Files? Skinner? If so - why?? There was no explanation whatsoever...

I didn't get to see the first few minutes of the first new episode, but I got the impression that nobody really knows why X-Files was reopened. I would guess that we'll find out why in episode 6.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Watched the first episode today after it aired in the UK yesterday. I found myself questioning a lot of stuff like the fact that Mulder still "wants to believe" after seeing goddamn aliens in the first movie. Other than that though I quite enjoyed it and can't wait for the next episode.

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

There's a ton of humor in the show, but also a lot of dealing with the 'human condition'. It's portrayed as a drama, but never actually felt like one when I watched it. (I hate dramas)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I'm binge watching the first 9 seasons (Ohlord is this going to take awhile) before turning to the new season, I'm kinda amazed I never watched this stuff because as a kid I was obsessed with space, ghosts, aliens, demons, etc etc and this show just feels tailored for me.

Im a fan and didnt like how the new mini series ended so abruptly

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."