Snickers BANNED!?

Hey guys,did you hear these news?I was just driving today and on the radio they said that Mars and Snickers chocolate bars are banned in 55 countries,since they found some harmful shit in them.I really hope this turns out to be false because snickers is my favorite snack ever!

Its also on this web site now: http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/23/news/companies/mars-snickers-chocolate-recall/

Not banned... just recalled a batch...

And... Mars and Snickers - the most revolting things ever marketed as food, sorry :lol:

Regards

And... Mars and Snickers - the most revolting things ever marketed as food, sorry :lol:

Regards

Awww... But 'sneakers'! D: If you don't like them, how else am I going to be able to get you to repeat 'sneakers'...

But yeah, the batch was recalled, nothing serious. These things happen all the time. X3 A bunch of the lettuce here in the supermarkets were recalled because of a salmonella outbreak.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Funnily, at band practise tonight our guitarist was annoyed that the plastic box he was keeping his lunch in had broken, and commented that he'll find chunks of plastic in his wraps. I suddenly said "Ooh, that's topical!" We then talked about what the best chocolate bars are. General consensus was on Cadbury brand, though there was talk about Nestlé brand, to which I scowled. Grr, Nestlé.

The Mars brand is pretty decent, if mediocre in quality. I do like a bag of Revels now and again.

This is all of course a level below the likes of Thorntons and Lindt. Also James of Arran. Yep, my home island has a local chocolatier.

ballotin-of-hand-made-chocolates-200g.jpg

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

I prefer the British alternatives (e.g. flakes or doubledecker) to the American brands. I don't know about the US, but Canada gets most of the British brands as imports, usually in stores like Walmart or the like(cosco)

@Jeb - Ah... Oh... You know you can make me do pretty much anything even when you don't feed me some sneakers first... Oh, wait... sneakers? :o:shock:

But, seriously... I first tasted a Mars bar when in Russia everything coming from the West was still surrounded with that magic aura of new and foreign and, therefore - exquisite...

So, I was pretty excited... I took a bite and... WTF!? :shock: My teeth stuck in that mass of cheapest, lowest quality molasses, mixed with the factory floor sweepings and starch and sugar... Oh, my - where was the flavour? The taste? Well, any taste other than sickly sweet? The cheapest Soviet confections where veritable haute cuisine, comparing to that stuff...

I spat it out and I will rather die of hunger than eat a Mars bar, ever.

Snickers was a bit better but not by much...

These products are really aimed at the lowest common denominator in tastes... and they aim low indeed...

Regards

@Jeb - Ah... Oh... You know you can make me do pretty much anything even when you don't feed me some sneakers first... Oh, wait... sneakers? :o:shock:

But, seriously... I first tasted a Mars bar when in Russia everything coming from the West was still surrounded with that magic aura of new and foreign and, therefore - exquisite...

So, I was pretty excited... I took a bite and... WTF!? :shock: My teeth stuck in that mass of cheapest, lowest quality molasses, mixed with the factory floor sweepings and starch and sugar... Oh, my - where was the flavour? The taste? Well, any taste other than sickly sweet? The cheapest Soviet confections where veritable haute cuisine, comparing to that stuff...

These products are really aimed at the lowest common denominator in tastes... and they aim low indeed...

Regards

'Sneakers'! :D Cause, cute Russian accents.

Also, stop being so mean and horrible. :P Some people have fine taste and still like Mars and Snicker bars... come on~ And... maybe the taste will be different now? :3 Come now, you're going to have to try a Mars bar again SOME time... XP I'll feed it to you, if I have to. And if you don't like it, you can give it to me! :P

Cadbury chocolate is pretty damn nice though. Oh my gosh. I love Cadbury so much. Nestle's chocolate is horrible, in my opinion. It tastes so... XD Bland...? But Cadbury tastes like a bunch of rainbows concentrated into one single bar. :D

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

Regards

I know that mars is shit but snickers is really good in my opinion.It just soft enough,it has a sweet layer of caramel,some peanuts and covered in chocolate,its awesome.

Come now, you're going to have to try a Mars bar again SOME time... XP

Well, in the interest of objectivity and for science - I am willing to risk it.

But only on one condition, my dear:

I'll feed it to you...

:D

...but snickers is really good in my opinion.

Well... perhaps, if Jeb will be willing to extend the experiment... I will try that one too and report the findings :D

Regards

Snickers isn't the most amazing quality ever but if I HAVE to settle for a candybar it's usually that. But after hearing about all of this, I'm kinda glad I only ever have them when my energy crashes (fast metabolism. I get minor cases of hypoglycemia almost daily.) and there's absolutely nothing else to eat.

Haven't had one in like a year though.

Retired Forum Moderator

There's always a big problem with these kind of issues when talking about international confections... That is that the USA and certain other countries are mandated by law to use a different recipe. That's right, a Cadbury bar in the USA is not the same as one from the UK. (it'll even land you in jail for smuggling if you try to bring one into the USA from elsewhere)

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-31924912

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

(it'll even land you in jail for smuggling if you try to bring one into the USA from elsewhere)

*gulp* >.> Uhhh... Guys... You never knew me. :P *hides*

Wait, is it smuggling if I eat it? If I smuggle my pet bird into the US then eat it, do I still get in trouble? XD

-------

If you managed to get past security, didn't get caught, and it was from a Duty Free store, you're all good. Otherwise, you're technically a smuggler. Welcome to the dark side, care to take up piracy while you're here? (all you have to do is send someone a file that you don't explicitly own to join)

Well I think I sent Kyou an older version of Synthesia that didn't require a payment to play custom MIDI songs. XP Does that count?

-------

It definitely does. Welcome to the ranks of criminals that never did anything wrong!

OvjlOJB.gif

-------

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 56 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.