Splitscreen on PC :/

Sign in to follow this  

Why is this never implemented in any games? It's so frustrating that developers could easily implement it on PC games, but they just don't. Just one example is here: http://pvzgw2.com/ if you scroll down you'll see it says "*Split-Screen available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One only." So they even expect people to think splitscreen would be on the PC version. I just don't understand, I haven't seen a single dev just put splitscreen on PC versions of games. What do you guys think about it?

Splitscreen doesn't really work on most computer screens. My screen is 1920x1080 and it's not even a computer screen, it's a TV screen that I'm using for my computer. If you think of TV screens, they tend to be ridiculously bigger than your average TV screen and even then splitscreen tends to be annoying to use.

Yeah, PC screens are way too small for splitscreen I think. And I never liked how you either get two really squashed views, or... Two really long views. And a standard monitor will make it look worse

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Unless it's on a multi-montor system, and pumping one screen to each monitor, it's not going to be worth it. Since only about 0.01% of PC users have a multi-monitor setup that can pump out that many pixels (2x 1080p) at a decent framerate, it's not big on their to-do list.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

By splitscreen are we talking multiplayer splitscreen? If so I think that's because most multiplayer games on PC are played through the internet, I can't remember a time when that wasn't the case. Even back before everyone had good connections they did lan parties.

If by having a game take up two or more screens I think it's because not a lot of people do that kinda thing. I have two monitors and I wouldn't even do that as it seems like it'd get annoying fast.

If it's the first then there is a game called Screen Cheat that does if it's the second I know Elite Dangerous has that feature implemented.

I just want more games to enable a second monitor to show inventory, minimap, and objectives... None do so far as I've been able to determine.

Have never even seen one of those powered on, and have no interest in doing so at this time.

Have never even seen one of those powered on, and have no interest in doing so at this time.

Well, that's kinda what you can do with it. The gamepad has a screen on it. Deus Ex Human Revolution used that screen for inventory space and hacking puzzles. I just thought of it.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I'm guessing it's touchscreen too.. I'm not interested in it being a touchscreen style system, but simply a place to display additional info that you would otherwise be unable to display while playing normally.