Breivik wins vs Norway

Sign in to follow this  

http://www.businessinsider.com/breivik-won-human-rights-case-against-norway-2016-4

i just have no words.. What the actual fuck, Norway? This guy lives like a fucking king and still gets court to say his living conditions are inhumane? This guy lives better than majority of people in western world... And that for killing almost 80 young people cold-blooded.... Norway is sick country....

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

I want to go to jail in Norway... Apart from no internet, it's better than my current accommodations.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

i think they even have internet- just their activity is limited to certain sites

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

I want to go to jail in Norway... Apart from no internet, it's better than my current accommodations.

I think they do have internet, Breivik didn't (or had very limited and monitored access) due to his extremist nature that he will try to recruit others. I think this was the main point and he won. So according to Norway's court killers and terrorists also have rights and its inhumane to isolate a dangerous man.

I bet you (although I really hope it will never happen) - when he comes out of prison he will think about doing it all over again.

To play devil's advocate some of the things the prison guards did to him were pretty messed up. Should he be living like royalty? No. But should he be afforded basic human rights? Yes.

To play devil's advocate some of the things the prison guards did to him were pretty messed up. Should he be living like royalty? No. But should he be afforded basic human rights? Yes.

In some ways I could agree, because all prisoners are not lost cause. But its the democracy and the wonderful law system that basically says - oh, you mass murder loads of teenagers in cold blood, ok, its 21 years in prison (not sure how early release works in this case) with living conditions better than loads of people in Europe.

Ofc, really bad prisons are the opposite - they generate recidivism e.g. you get a few years for a robbery, you are mixed with bad people, you loose your friends, no one wants to hire you afterwards, inside of the prison has its own "prison rules", so you go out and rob again.

And Breivik - are there really anyone who believes that after 21 (ok, less now, or even less if he can get early release for good behavior) he would actually feel sorry for what he did? No normal human can do what he did, imho there is a high chance he would do it again after release.

Imho there should be strong penalties like life sentence without the possibility for early release and preferably in solitary confinement for life (yes, I'm cruel) and death penalties for borderline cases.

well, he will never be released back into public

Why so? He only got 21 years in prison - the maximum.... Ofc he will be released - because democracy and even mass murderers have rights.

no, he wont. Because court will likely decide that he will still be threat to society after that, which gives legal right to extend imprisonment indefinetly

The court doesn't decide if he gets out after 21 years... Also, they can only extend his sentence in 5 year increments, and have to reevaluate him every time.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Sign in to follow this  

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.