In "The Tunnel" how did he get the CP's to hold objects.

Sign in to follow this  

Im curious to know how in the "The TunneL" the holding of objects by the characters was achieved in Hammer.

I suspect he made a weapon model for the flashlight, and a pose for the CP model that made it look like he was holding the flashlight.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I suspect he made a weapon model for the flashlight, and a pose for the CP model that made it look like he was holding the flashlight.

That does not sound very... errr plausible the way you put it.

That does not sound very... errr plausible the way you put it.

How so? I've done it before myself to make it throw a Molotov in a mod I did way back pre-EP1...

Make the flashlight a SWEP with custom worldmodel animation for him holding it like that instead of using worldmodel animations akin to the pistol, grenade, shotgun, crowbar, physgun or rifles.

Direct NPC to use flashlight SWEP.

Easy as making a SWEP.

Which is to say, not easy.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Make the flashlight a SWEP with custom worldmodel animation for him holding it like that instead of using worldmodel animations akin to the pistol, grenade, shotgun, crowbar, physgun or rifles.

Direct NPC to use flashlight SWEP.

Easy as making a SWEP.

Which is to say, not easy.

That's what I said, just in a different way...

It's the same way I've attached other objects ever since Episode 1 came out (attaching them in HL2 original was hell). The flashlight is a prop_dynamic. Before the real scene starts, I set an animation that they'll hold still on. I then use setparentattachmentmaintainoffset command in hammer, then after some trial and error it will be aligned for the scene.

Ryan McDonald created the general animation for the CP looking like he was holding a flashlight in Softimage XSI and the flashlight model.