Getting Diablo 1 to work on Windows 10

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with getting the original Diablo to work on Windows 10. Whenever I try to start the game, it just crashes. I don't even get to the intro videos. New operating systems man. :roll:

I've tried various compatibility settings, reinstalling, installing a no cd crack, checking if directdraw is enabled (it is), installing patches and setting core affinity to 1 to force single core use. Also I've tried the Windows 7/Vista Patch from StrangeBytes and that didn't work.

Pretty much every possible solution I have found on the internet I have tried, but I still have the same error - 'Diablo.exe' has stopped working.

I've pasted an error dump into a pastebin if any of you are technically inclined and have any idea of what's going on: http://pastebin.com/niUCCN0e

I've read of lots of people not having any of these issues unfortunately so have been unable to find anyone experiencing the same error. Please let me know if any of you have had this issue and fixed it.

Thanks.

ok, i admit i have no diablo 1, but how about killing windows explorer like one reddit thread suggests?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3881714693 (creating .bat file that does it)

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

I don't know if it will do ANYTHING at all, but maybe try...

- Right-click the exe.

- Go to properties.

- Compatibility tap -> Check the 'Disable display scaling' thingo.

I've had to use that for a lot of my programs to fix the weird as appearance of it. So maybe the scaling is making it crash? That's just my thought. Probably won't do much but worth a try.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

I don't know if it will do ANYTHING at all, but maybe try...

- Right-click the exe.

- Go to properties.

- Compatibility tap -> Check the 'Disable display scaling' thingo.

I've had to use that for a lot of my programs to fix the weird as appearance of it. So maybe the scaling is making it crash? That's just my thought. Probably won't do much but worth a try.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work unfortunately... I might have to set up a VM to get it to work.

try to set compactibility oldest version you can & run as admin.

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"