First Person Shooters

Sign in to follow this  

Excuse me, but all you need for a first person shooter is WASD + a mouse.

+ E + Shift + Space + Ctrl + brain + eyes + two hands + Esc + 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0 + the rest of the keyboard usually...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Here's my keys for a moderately complex FPS:

WASD - movement

Q & E - Lean left and right

Space - jump

Shift - run/walk

Left ctrl - crouch/toggle crouch

1 to 0 - Weapon selection

Enter - use

F - flashlight (or Use)

I or tab - inventory

Etc. etc.

If that's all, you definitely don't want to see my "Light Complexity" setup... 9 buttons of my 13 button mouse mapped to macros, and the entire left side of my keyboard mapped or macroed...

My mouse has 3 buttons. I'm too cheap to buy a fancy mouse. Plus most PC games today are lame console ports that don't give access to buttons 4 and beyond, one needs a separate program to work around it.

The best I could find locally was a G500. It isn't too expensive either. My current mouse has been showing its age lately. . . Buttons don't always press when I push on them, to name an example.

Can't go wrong with the G-Series Logitech mice... They hands down are the best out there...

Just a tip, don't ever get anything by Razer, it'll just be ultra-cheap quality Chinese made crap that you'll pay more for...

Im going to get a Logitech Laser Gaming Mouse ( GX500 I think ) with 5700 dpi, changable weights and 7 buttons ( I think ) tomorrow for $90.00, so about $60.00 US

Im going to get a Logitech Laser Gaming Mouse ( GX500 I think ) with 5700 dpi, changable weights and 7 buttons ( I think ) tomorrow for $90.00, so about $60.00 US

Mine has 5 buttons but that's more or less all I need with all the buttons I have on my keyboard.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Yeah, I don't really see the point of all those buttons. I prefer KB & M classic combo though I wouldn't mind a button on my mouse that would turn my flashlight on or perhaps a button that would " use " an item. That way I can concentrate on moving around and dodging fire with WASD

Yeah, I don't really see the point of all those buttons. I prefer KB & M classic combo though I wouldn't mind a button on my mouse that would turn my flashlight on or perhaps a button that would " use " an item. That way I can concentrate on moving around and dodging fire with WASD

In general I use button 4 for reload and button 5 for flashlight. Feels very intuitive.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

But until tomorrow I'm stuck with my crappy PS2 KB & M with no programmable buttons and some annoying optical lag-time

In no particular order

FEAR

FEAR 2: Project Origin

Half Life

Half Life 2

Bioshock

Bioshock 2

Halo

Halo 2

Halo 3

Halo 3: ODST

Halo Reach

Call of Duty: Modern Warefare

Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 2

Call of Duty: Black Ops

BLACK

In no particular order

FEAR

FEAR 2: Project Origin

Half Life

Half Life 2

Bioshock

Bioshock 2

Halo

Halo 2

Halo 3

Halo 3: ODST

Halo Reach

Call of Duty: Modern Warefare

Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 2

Call of Duty: Black Ops

BLACK

That is probably the most uninteresting top games list I have ever seen. You've never stepped a foot away from the mainstream.

That is probably the most uninteresting top games list I have ever seen. You've never stepped a foot away from the mainstream.

+1