Creepypasta

Sign in to follow this  

Does anybody like Creepypasta?

If so, what's your favorite?

?

Being a fan of Tats TopVideos channel due to a previous love affair with the SCP Wiki, I can name a couple of creepypasta's I'm fond of. Any genre you particularly fond of LeoThePeo? I'm quite partial to experiment themed creepypastas. It's that mixture of both human cruelty and contact (unwitting or intentional) with the utterly alien and terror-inducing that makes me shudder. I promise not to give away any spoilers.

Gateway of the Mind - A story about sensory deprivation and the scientific search for God. The central subject's implied experience is what makes this story so haunting to me, the following line when read in context of the tale really impressed itself on my imagination: At one point, he yelled “No heaven, no forgiveness” for five hours straight.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

It has been reported that some victims of torture, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren’t being tortured. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP.

Actually Yngwie of Haus Malmsteen, feefty eenches of pure Svwedish beef.

GUYS! yes! I love it, I'm a huge fan of horror stuff. I listen to them mostly on YT, if you don't know, LazyMasquarade is my favourite. I also like MrNightmare, MrCreepyPasta, KingSpook, ScareTeather...

If you are fan of Tat's I'd tottally reccomand you ReignBotHorror's vids too: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCchWU8ta6L-Dy3rGIxPINzw

Also SomeOrdinaryGamers has good content too as well.

I can't name my fav creepypasta, there is too much of them, but so far on of my favourite was this long one about mysterious stairs in the woods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?start=161&v=nhkgXOUDetcit's like mix of most american horror creatures and combines them all in nice mystery. I also love "Gateway of the mind", definitelly one of the one that might not be scary, but stays with you for long time...

From gaming creepypastas... I like "Ben Drowned" and "Polybius" but the one that actually made me feel uncomfortable was "jvk1166z.esp" probably because I'm taken by nostalgia of the game and I remember morrowind sometimes used to scare me when I played it as a kid, so it added to the effect.

Also I will confess I like the whole idea for Herobrine (along with other MC spooky stuff) and how even creators joke about removing him with every update.

And how hard players want to summon those stuff in game.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

While I've admittedly never really delved too deeply into creepypasta, I do remember discovering the ones about "lost" episodes of kids' shows years and years ago, and how those genuinely freaked me out a bit with their distinctly vivid descriptions. That being said, the pasta that stuck with me the most was the one about the completely fictional show, Candle Cove, which I have to imagine is now rather verboten among the sort of people who intentionally create creepypasta due to there now being an actual mainstream TV show based on it.

Despite my relative lack of sustained interest in creepypasta proper, one offshoot of creepypasta that I do like to return to regularly is the SCP Foundation, which I doubt needs a proper introduction here. A select few of my favorites from there include:

SCP-093 - Red Sea Object

SCP-140 - An Incomplete Chronicle

SCP-184 - The Architect

SCP-261 - Pan-Dimensional Vending

SCP-610 - The Flesh that Hates

SCP-701 - The Hanged King's Tragedy

7KY9y4DuGjI

I dunno if this really counts as a Creepypasta, but the Five Nights at Freddy's backstory and mystery surrounding it is pretty enjoyable to research. Regardless of your thoughts on the game (there's too many) a story about a serial killer murdering children and stuffing their rotting corpses into animatronic suits is pretty metal and hardcore.

Non Nobis Domine, Non Nobis, Sed Nomine, tuo da Glorium