Can't we all just get along?

Sign in to follow this  

This is a thread for burying hatchets and for forgiving others you may have had heated feuds or flame wars with.

Because if we can't get along with others, who CAN we get along with?

This might be inappropriate for serious topics, but I can't think of stuff that's more serious than forgiveness, so this is a necessity.

Non Nobis Domine, Non Nobis, Sed Nomine, tuo da Glorium

Just an FYI to anyone I may have offended in the past... I am very blunt, and don't change my beliefs based on information that I don't consider to be proof. If that has caused offense to people, I am sorry, none was intended.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Eh, offense is always taken, not given.

That age old saying of "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never harm me" really needs to come back.

If we're on bad terms and if for whatever reason you care enough about me to talk it out, add me on steam or discord. Both links are in my signature.

Just an FYI to anyone I may have offended in the past... I am very blunt, and don't change my beliefs based on information that I don't consider to be proof. If that has caused offense to people, I am sorry, none was intended.

It's important to get out of the way that this response isn't intended to come off as hostile, it's just something you need to realize if you want to make amends with most of the people here.

The issue isn't that you're blunt. It's that you can't handle being wrong, you're stubborn, you victimize yourself, and you cop out when you're cornered. There have been many situations in which you've made a wild provably false claim, been called out on it, and escalated the situation in to a petty bitch fight instead of just conceding like any other person would. This happened twice when your claims about your experience with TF2 and hackers didn't add up, and once just half a year ago when you claimed science was a religion and that years used to be shorter because the Romans didn't measure winters. All of these situation could've been de-escalated if you didn't feel such a stubborn need to defend everything you say as factual and correct.

the name's riley

There have been many situations in which you've made a wild provably false claim

Unfortunately your definition of "provably false" is completely different from every official definition I've ever heard/read.

This happened twice when your claims about your experience with TF2 and hackers didn't add up

And yet never was any proof presented to counter my experience. Just because it doesn't add up with your own limited personal experience, doesn't mean that it can't ever happen anywhere ever.

and once just half a year ago when you claimed science was a religion

And nobody ever truly countered that. People still treat science as a religion, blindly following the teachings of those that claim to be scientists, irregardless of their actual methods.

All of these situation could've been de-escalated if you didn't feel such a stubborn need to defend everything you say as factual and correct.

Same could be said for anyone else in those situations. It takes 2 to argue, and I have always stated that I don't back down from an argument just to appease someone who tries to misinform or mislead people. (intentionally or not) If factual evidence that is not controversial is provided to counter my position, then I will back down, but so far that has not happened.

If we're on bad terms and if for whatever reason you care enough about me to talk it out, add me on steam or discord. Both links are in my signature.

I would, but I have the policy of never sending invites out to others, except inside a game, and then only to those I am already friends with. (it is a good way to keep from having trouble with many of the truly bad people that are out there)

HEY!

This is a forum for burring hatchets, not for digging them up!

If either of you continue to do this, I'm going to have to start deleting your posts, and I don't want to do that, because I'm against censorship, but whatever arguments either of you had, make another topic for it.

This is more or less what I was talking about. You immediately took offense and escalated this in to petty and pointless bickering, and every time you do this it's pretty much nothing more than setting up a trap so you have an excuse to report whoever responds. I'm not "digging up hatchets" as Selous put it, I'm trying to discuss the point of why I don't get along with you.

the name's riley

Errh no, you ARE digging up hatchets by taking his bait. Just leave it be

Take your arguments to another thread.

Errh no, you ARE digging up hatchets by taking his bait. Just leave it be

Take your arguments to another thread.

Keep in mind this thread has been dead for a week now. Neither person has responded and neither person cares to respond. Maybe you should follow your own advice.

the name's riley

You are the one who ruined this thread by not keeping your feuds off this thread because you always want the last word.

Get off your high horse and get out of here.

You are the one who ruined this thread by not keeping your feuds off this thread because you always want the last word.

Get off your high horse and get out of here.

You know what a high horse looks like? Responding to week-old drama to tell someone to quit ruining your thread.

I don't care what direction this thread goes in, but don't act like you do if you're going to persistently respond to shit that ended a week ago.

If you wanted me to leave this thread so badly you would've shut up by now instead of continuing to provoke me.

the name's riley

I don't know how people can stay angry at anyone for more than a few days unless it's actually serious. In which case, most things can be gotten over in a reasonable stretch of time, like maybe a couple of weeks to a couple of months. It isn't good for your health to hold grudges; you just end up hurting yourself more than you were hurt.

The quality of one's life usually improves drastically if they adopt the attitude of hugging everything out before long. Not to say you shouldn't get angry, just that you should get it over with and let bygones be bygones.

There are four lights!

The quality of one's life usually improves drastically if they adopt the attitude of hugging everything out before long. Not to say you shouldn't get angry, just that you should get it over with and let bygones be bygones.

Some people are incompatible. It's healthy to cut those people off and not pay them any mind.

the name's riley

Some people are incompatible. It's healthy to cut those people off and not pay them any mind.

Perhaps I'm just too used to rigid attitudes to take anything personally. For me, the difference it makes is whether they get close or not.

There are four lights!

Honestly, I have trouble holding a grudge through the night... I'll still argue or disagree, but no grudges are ever held by me.

I try not to let the sun set on a frowny face.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 79 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.