Last post made wins

17 hours ago, Im_CIA said:

Halo games are a boring snooze fest, change my mind

image.thumb.png.fa0c5da87b07f43f26844b55acf1c90e.png

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

3 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

Yeah, but then my modem glitched, and the provisioning file got corrupted to not allow access to any websites... Comcast support wasted an entire day trying to get my local IP address for no reason instead of just refreshing the provisioning file, all because their system said "nope, looks good from here". (they can do it manually, as I've had it done many times over the years) I had to do a really old trick to deliberately trigger my modem to wipe the provisioning file, and redownload it.

Now I'm getting full speeds for the download, and almost 19Mbps for upload... So Comcast customer service is absolute shit, but once the network is working, it's decent.

I have no idea what  the provisioning file is nor what is it named, I barely just learned what a host file is

19 hours ago, Im_CIA said:

Half Life games are a boring snooze fest, change my mind

did you watch the video I posted?

Edited by kerdios (see edit history)

Burn the World!

5 hours ago, kerdios said:

I have no idea what  the provisioning file is nor what is it named, I barely just learned what a host file is

did you watch the video I posted?

Video dunkerino!!! 

You know what, just fuck gaming in general. Quake 2 was the only good FPS game ever made. Quake 3 was ok.

Let's see...

rts: homeworld

rpg: kotor

tabletop: Heroes of Might and Magic 2

That's it, there is nothing else

7 hours ago, Psychotic Ninja said:

image.thumb.png.fa0c5da87b07f43f26844b55acf1c90e.png

That's also true.

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

21 hours ago, Im_CIA said:

rts: homeworld

Command & Conquer, Red Alert, and Zero Hour.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

2 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

Command & Conquer, Red Alert, and Zero Hour.

Played the first C&C  and the 3s.  Homeworld is still a cut above because it's in 3D, and the resource-ship balance is such that spamming or rushing is almost never an option and is generally suicidal. When you loose a ship, you feel the weight. When you loose a capital ship, you feel a part of your soul dying.

Also, the campaign has ingenious design that adds on the mechanic. You retain your fleet for the entire duration of the game, so while each mission may pose a different challenge, you're stuck with what you had from the previous mission and need to adapt.

4 hours ago, Im_CIA said:

Also, the campaign has ingenious design that adds on the mechanic. You retain your fleet for the entire duration of the game, so while each mission may pose a different challenge, you're stuck with what you had from the previous mission and need to adapt.

Original War.

so how is the beer bug quarantine finding you?

Burn the World!

I torrented 30gb 4k Blade Runner yesterday, but I didn't check what version it was and ended up with the theatrical edition. So you can say I'm hanging on by a thread

18 hours ago, kerdios said:

so how is the beer bug quarantine finding you?

Just bought Halo Master Chief Collection, and have been getting more and more pissed at the fact that it requires a Microsoft account just to play the singleplayer, even if I don't want to have achievements.

13 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

Just bought Halo Master Chief Collection, and have been getting more and more pissed at the fact that it requires a Microsoft account just to play the singleplayer, even if I don't want to have achievements.

never really got into FPSs since the original wolfenstein 3D

Burn the World!

8 hours ago, kerdios said:

never really got into FPSs since the original wolfenstein 3D

To each their own... I'm a fan of Turn Based Strategy myself, but that's considered a niche genre.

1 hour ago, BTGBullseye said:

To each their own... I'm a fan of Turn Based Strategy myself, but that's considered a niche genre.

yeah, that's mine too along with PointnClick adventures, my reflexes/reaction time are crap, so I can't really deal with all the minuet speed clicking

Edited by kerdios (see edit history)

Burn the World!

I'm a JRPG guy, although I'm a particularly picky person, probably.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

8 hours ago, kerdios said:

yeah, that's mine too along with PointnClick adventures, my reflexes/reaction time are crap, so I can't really deal with all the minuet speed clicking

See, I'm also a shooter guy... I can adjust to twitch-shooting quite easily, but I prefer a more tactical and strategic shooting experience. The big thing for me is that all the "fast paced" games are just so incredibly shallow that I lose interest.