Portal 2 crashes at loading screen after valve logo

Sign in to follow this  

Hi guys, I have the following problem: Portal 2 crashed at the loading screen, the one where Chell is facing gladOS or the one of the orange robot jumping in a portal. Here's my steam ticket for more detailed information: https://support.steampowered.com/view.php?ticketref=2067-PFGL-1955

Here's what I've tried until now:

Alt+tab out of the game and check if there are any windows firewall or any other security notification, then click allow or a similar option to it

Disable anti-virus programs

Disable all unnecessary background applications

Download the latest version of your DirectX

Download an earlier version of video card’s current driver

1. go to program files/steam/steam apps/common/portal 2

2. RIGHT click the portal application

3. Click troubleshoot incompatability issues

4. Run portal 2

Reinstall Steam

Adding -w 1280 -h 720 , -autoconfig, -gl to the launch options..

Some help is deeply appreciated. Thanks people.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

Stupid question, but this fixed this issue for me on other source games, have you tried removing all launch options and replacing with -fullscreen ?

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Try these things:

1. Run as administrator.

2. Delete and force update portal 2

3. Try restarting the game several times over and over, it might debug itself.

4. Try to run it directly through the folder in your steamapps

5. If the ones at the top wont work, reinstal your windows (or update them to the latest version)

6. ????????????

7. Profit

Nothing worked... I'll update my windows overnight.

Thanks for the help people...

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

The weird thing is that I managed to get it working for a while using a patch. My copy is legimate and I bought it on steam, but I still tried that and it worked, after a small portal update it stopped working...

The weird thing is that I managed to get it working for a while using a patch. My copy is legimate and I bought it on steam, but I still tried that and it worked, after a small portal update it stopped working...

Yeah, the hackers have far better user support than 99% of companies out there. You can probly get a better workaround by asking for help on a torrent site's comment section for a scene patch than you can from the game designers...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I just googled the patch name you mentioned before I removed it. Did you try this on your legitimate copy with Steam? Depending on what it modified, there's a distinct possibility you could be VAC banned, as despite the Store page not saying anything, the console mentions that it runs VAC (in both single-player and multiplayer).

Hopefully that won't happen. Anyway, did you try all the suggestions in the above posts?

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I just googled the patch name you mentioned before I removed it. Did you try this on your legitimate copy with Steam? Depending on what it modified, there's a distinct possibility you could be VAC banned, as despite the Store page not saying anything, the console mentions that it runs VAC (in both single-player and multiplayer).

Hopefully that won't happen. Anyway, did you try all the suggestions in the above posts?

As I stated yes, I tried it on my legitimate copy. My windows is updating at the momrnt and I won't try re installing the OS, Not until I have a free day to do it correctly and restore all my backups

Valve ironed out the bug that prevented me from playing in the last update. I finished the SP campaign today.

Lock´d