The Way

Sign in to follow this  

Great game: it really feels like an adventure, and not only because of the exotic locales: it's got platofrming, shooting, stealth and puzzles, all good. The only thing I have against it i that the ending is bullshit. Not because of lack of effort, it's just that the creator is a smug moron when it comes to ethics in technology.

Graphics and sound design are great, story is so-so, controls and overall gameplay are on par with bad NES platformers of the AVGN kind. I'm sure it's not as bad with a gamepad but when you only have a mouse and keyboard at your disposal this is almost unplayable, what with the complete lack of momentum retained from running, and instant death resulting from even slightly misjudging the stiff controls. Even disregarding that though, a lot of the puzzles seemed to rely on rote memorization, lining up pitch-perfect shots and generally progressing as slowly as possible. It started out fun enough but gradually ended up so tedious I just didn't even want to look at it anymore.

Edited by Mira (see edit history)