Colonialism and Post Colonialism

Sign in to follow this  

i would like to know what you know about this topic. today we were talking about this at school, and i got a little interested in this... so yeah... anyone wants to share anything?

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

What about it? There's no unexplored/unclaimed land left on this planet for colonies to occur anymore... When we finally get the various governments to start working toward a long-term goal of non-terrestrial planetary colonization, then we can talk about colonies.

As far as the history subject... It happened, what of it?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Colonialism used to be the blanket reason that so many Third World countries are basket cases. The Europeans came in and took all the good stuff for themselves and left behind a legacy of tribal strife and crapsack economies, then withdrew without really bothering to set up any stable governments in their place.

But then a long time passed, and colonialism has started to move from being a blanket reason to becoming a blanket excuse.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

It has geographical, social, and economical reasons. There are several faces of colonialism, it really worth to check out the topic.(Religious colonialism byreligion which were unwanted in the homeland, economical colonialism or outpostbuilding for wealth, colonialism just to make a coutry seem more powerful, colonization of a land to several other reasons) Do a little research, You will love it!

If you are not in europe, the place where you live was once colonized (Exception: Japan) by some european nation.

The reason was geographical, social and economical as stated by attilio.

You were rich but they treated you unfairly.

Now either one of three things happened to your country.

You fought for independence and gained it, gained the rights but lost the wealth.

You got forgotten and were allowed to gain independence or was sold because noone cared about you in europe and you were an economic deficit.

You fought for independence and gained the rights and then started colonizing yourself like europe, gained the wealth back with that.

That's things I can say about your country even though I don't know you due to history.

Now, of course that's just the basic basics and only from the european side of view.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

thanks guys, i really appreciate your help.

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

If I may intrude here, the word "Chubut Province" activates the immature giggling section of my brain.

Okay, sorry to interrupt. Carry on.

Do You mind if I ask why?

If I may intrude here, the word "Chubut Province" activates the immature giggling section of my brain.

Chew-Butt-Province.... English wording joke.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Chew-Butt-Province.... English wording joke.

Ooookay. I guess it is the same situation as Deportive Wanka. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deportivo_Wanka )

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 70 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.