War Thunder

Sign in to follow this  

Seems today's patch is adding in vendor independent minimal-impact DX11 ray tracing the the game. (no need for an RTX card to benefit)

We'll see if that performance impact is really as little as they advertise.

Oh, they also added HDR and physical sparks, as if that matters when there's ray tracing. ?

Edited by BTGBullseye (see edit history)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

It appears to have minimal if any effect on the framerate to have raytracing enabled on an RX 5700XT with a Ryzen 5 3600.

Make sure you set it to medium on the Global Illumination setting, not high. High does not have raytracing enabled yet. It does look quite nice. It's a minimal effect setting when you first look at it, but when you're actually doing things, it just sort of pulls you into the game a little better. I hope more games implement this "0 impact" raytracing.

Edited by BTGBullseye (see edit history)

I used to play for 5 year in WarThunder or so. This is a good game with some flaws which got worse during game development: crappy balance - at first it was just bad and almost no pay to win, but later definitely pay to win units appeared, progression was slow but ok, BUT devs keep adding new machines and even types like choppers, but don't boost exp points or even cut gain. But it's still good, I like the game mechanic way better than wot as for me.

15 hours ago, potty_admiral_bop said:

I used to play for 5 year in WarThunder or so. This is a good game with some flaws which got worse during game development: crappy balance - at first it was just bad and almost no pay to win, but later definitely pay to win units appeared, progression was slow but ok, BUT devs keep adding new machines and even types like choppers, but don't boost exp points or even cut gain. But it's still good, I like the game mechanic way better than wot as for me.

I have been searching, and I really can't find any way to make it P2W right now. All the paid for variants are either of equal or lower power compared to the non-pay versions.

I didn't play a few years, I dropped the game right before Gaijins introduced navy and choppers, so I don't remember each p2w machine, but:

- american tank T29 or T30 - don't remember exactly which one, purely p2w;

- KV-220, I got it for some quest ingame, very strong vehicle;

There were more, I just don't remember.

don't you have to, for instance, pay to unlock a fire extinguisher? or to buy special ammo?

Burn the World!

3 hours ago, kerdios said:

don't you have to, for instance, pay to unlock a fire extinguisher? or to buy special ammo?

I never understood people complaining about it. It's not really that big of a deal. I mean yeah, they might have give 1 extinguisher at least but it's not that bad. But introducing a tank than no other tank at the same battle rating can shoot in face straight and it one shots you - yes, this is bad.

Still, it's better than WOT.

11 hours ago, potty_admiral_bop said:

I didn't play a few years, I dropped the game right before Gaijins introduced navy and choppers, so I don't remember each p2w machine, but:

- american tank T29 or T30 - don't remember exactly which one, purely p2w;

- KV-220, I got it for some quest ingame, very strong vehicle;

There were more, I just don't remember.

The T29 and T30 are only invulnerable if you don't use certain AP rounds, and refuse to flank. That's similar to how all the tanks work in the game, apart from a few that are just rolling targets. (like the stock M4A3)

8 hours ago, kerdios said:

Not at all. Just have to play the game and unlock it. You're thinking of World of Tanks.