The "I Hate Hurricane Season" Topic

Sign in to follow this  

Right, so for those who keep track of the national weather patterns, a storm by the name of Delta happened to pass over my area last Friday.  Long in a short: the power grid is still a shambles, the ISP has had to install a generator at their head office to keep the fiber-optic Internet working (and the generator has had issues since installation, so Internet use is intermittent at best), and sleeping arrangements have been...really really stupid over the past few days.  Only one room in the house has air conditioning (thanks to the generator), and....yeah.  We have a roof, we have running water, but a lot of the other stuff is just....

Needless to say, I REALLY hate hurricane season.  Hoping everyone else here has been able to avoid the myriad (fun word, that) of storms that've popped up this year, and that anyone who's had to deal with storms has been able to stay safe (and retain their sanity)...but yeah, November 1 can't get here soon enough.  It doesn't help that the meteorologist on Channel 3 decided to replay the radar track of Delta last night, in case everyone who's still recovering from it didn't see the live feed....or something.  ENGH. 

28 minutes ago, DukeNukem 2417 said:

Right, so for those who keep track of the national weather patterns, a storm by the name of Delta happened to pass over my area last Friday.  Long in a short: the power grid is still a shambles, the ISP has had to install a generator at their head office to keep the fiber-optic Internet working (and the generator has had issues since installation, so Internet use is intermittent at best), and sleeping arrangements have been...really really stupid over the past few days.  Only one room in the house has air conditioning (thanks to the generator), and....yeah.  We have a roof, we have running water, but a lot of the other stuff is just....

Needless to say, I REALLY hate hurricane season.  Hoping everyone else here has been able to avoid the myriad (fun word, that) of storms that've popped up this year, and that anyone who's had to deal with storms has been able to stay safe (and retain their sanity)...but yeah, November 1 can't get here soon enough.  It doesn't help that the meteorologist on Channel 3 decided to replay the radar track of Delta last night, in case everyone who's still recovering from it didn't see the live feed....or something.  ENGH. 

I hope you keep safe, and I completely agree, hurricane season sucks ass and dick.

I live in an area that has no tornadoes, no active volcanoes and only minor earthquakes.

So other than an occasional flash flood (From bad drainage, not rivers) I'm not really in danger of natural disasters.

So I'm sorry I can't commisarate beyond this.

Stay safe, it will pass soon.

Burn the World!

Thankfully, the storm has indeed long since passed, and the town's electricity has been restored since Wednesday.  Good stuff.  There are two "developing" weather bits in the tropics that won't be threats to my area, but they can still go burn in Hurricane Hell. 

I'm hoping the Game Dungeon has never been wracked by hurricanes...

33 minutes ago, DukeNukem 2417 said:

Thankfully, the storm has indeed long since passed, and the town's electricity has been restored since Wednesday.  Good stuff.  There are two "developing" weather bits in the tropics that won't be threats to my area, but they can still go burn in Hurricane Hell. 

I'm hoping the Game Dungeon has never been wracked by hurricanes...

I don't know, how prevalent are tornadoes in Poland?

Burn the World!

13 hours ago, kerdios said:

I don't know, how prevalent are tornadoes in Poland?

Not very. Snow storms however are not uncommon...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

6 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

Not very. Snow storms however are not uncommon...

Can a snowstorm have twisters?

Burn the World!

On 10/18/2020 at 4:17 AM, kerdios said:

Can a snowstorm have twisters?

Yes, but they're extremely rare, as you have to have an incredibly powerful thermal updraft source... Like a volcano...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I fully understand your displeasure. In recent years, too often, there have been various weather troubles. For example, a month ago in my city, there was a strong storm with lightning. The day after the storm, my air conditioner didn't work. So I decided that I would try to turn it on in a day. To my surprise, the air conditioner worked intermittently, though, and only warm air came out of it. I've been thinking for a long time why my aircon not cold. However, I didn't panic, as I gave it to the service to the guys I knew for more than one year, and within a week, they fixed everything for me.

Edited by ProvUnitV (see edit history)