New Vegas Expansions

Sign in to follow this  

So on the off-chance you're a Fallout: New Vegas fan and haven't heard, the second peice of downloadable content, Honest Hearts, comes out on the 17th. This long-awaited release will be followed closely by Old World Blues in June and Lonesome Road in July. If Dead Money was any indicator, these are going to be some very well done expansions with pretty decent stories. Also liking the overarching story they'll have going.

Trailer for Honest Hearts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWQiBKMqzv4

They didn't develope it directly, but it pretty much uses the same format as Fallout 3. If you liked F3, you'll probably like New Vegas. Obsidian did an amazing job with it, and many of those developers worked on Fallout and Fallout 2. Don't let Bethesda's minimal involvement in the project put you off.

They didn't develope it directly, but it pretty much uses the same format as Fallout 3. If you liked F3, you'll probably like New Vegas. Obsidian did an amazing job with it, and many of those developers worked on Fallout and Fallout 2. Don't let Bethesda's minimal involvement in the project put you off.

Yeah, also the rather hefty ($130.00) price tag is another thing that's putting me off, I'll probably get it from Steam if it's on sale

You're pondering not buying it because it's NOT Bethesda? The only thing Bethesda did about Fallout 3 was make the engine, and they didn't even do that, they just modified it. The rest is either taken from or inspired by Black Isle's original universe and rules. There's nothing particurarily "Bethesdian" about it.

And from what I've heard, and what Wikipedia tells me, Obsidian Entertainment is actually founded by most of the guys from Black Isle, meaning that Fallout New Vegas is actually made by the guys who invented the franchise to begin with. If that is not a stamp of quality, then I don't know what is.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

"And from what I've heard, and what Wikipedia tells me, Obsidian Entertainment is actually founded by most of the guys from Black Isle, meaning that Fallout New Vegas is actually made by the guys who invented the franchise to begin with. If that is not a stamp of quality, then I don't know what is."

Yeah, for the most part it's the same group of developers. Bethesda does have a way with games, to be sure, but the stuff that made Fallout 3 so great is not only present in New Vegas, but improved. They seem focused heavily on telling us a great story in NV, and the DLCs seem to be continuing that trend.

"And from what I've heard, and what Wikipedia tells me, Obsidian Entertainment is actually founded by most of the guys from Black Isle, meaning that Fallout New Vegas is actually made by the guys who invented the franchise to begin with. If that is not a stamp of quality, then I don't know what is."

Yeah, for the most part it's the same group of developers. Bethesda does have a way with games, to be sure, but the stuff that made Fallout 3 so great is not only present in New Vegas, but improved. They seem focused heavily on telling us a great story in NV, and the DLCs seem to be continuing that trend.

I love Fallout 3, but I love the older Fallouts more, and to be honest, I am really looking forward to playing NV when I get it. Fallout 2 is still the best game in the franchise for me.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I didn't realize you hadn't played it yet. You're in for a real treat, especially if you get the DLC as well.

I didn't realize you hadn't played it yet. You're in for a real treat, especially if you get the DLC as well.

Indeed... One of the few games that kept me interested for over a month straight.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

NV (according to everything I've heard) is an upgraded version of FO3, with more stuff...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I've heard that to, and really, that's basically like saying that any sequel that isn't a radical departure from the formula of the first game is an upgrade of its predecessor. It uses the same formula, so there are obviously going to be similarities to Fallout 3, but with some noticeable improvements. The storyline is new, and very well told, and the locales are very different from what you'd find in the Capital Wasteland. I like it better than F3 myself, and I loved F3.

*bunp*

But that was a reasonable bunp!

Because the next bit of DLC is out!

And I must say, Old World Blues is AMAZING!

It's is the best DLC ever. Hilarious and intriguing.

Also, it finally answers a TON of mysteries from Dead Money,

Did anyone else get it?

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

I haven't yet, needed to figure out if it was worth it. But from what I've read, it is.

Hi Friend.

Hope it's okay that I'm bumping this, Lonesome Road came out and I'm curious as to whether or not anyone else here has played it.

I need to get Lonesome Road, but the glitches I have heard associating it are scary. There are completely unrelated quests that are impossible to beat.

Hi Friend.

Played Dead money 7 times in different games, Honest hearts 2 times, And we have lonesome road and old world blues, but I havn't played them

This is the end of the line, and I'll rip you apart for what's inside.

Compensating wealth for what's more and more worthlessness.

The end of fear, the end of your life, I'll kill you right now, fucking die.

Fallout 3 still has me somewhat interested so if NV is better then I'm definitely gonna find my obsession.

I love fallout 3, I still play it but not as much. I beat it I think 2 times normally. Along with at least 175 hours in modded games and roaming around killing things...but yeah great game

This is the end of the line, and I'll rip you apart for what's inside.

Compensating wealth for what's more and more worthlessness.

The end of fear, the end of your life, I'll kill you right now, fucking die.