GTA 5 is a must play if you like great characters and story

Sign in to follow this  

I thought I made a post about this before, but I don't see it in my history, and I can't find it in this forum where I thought I posted it.

Every character is notable, and not to spoil too much but when you think you've got them all figured out, you don't. I would say GTA has always had great writing (haven't played VC, London, IV or GTA Online though (I'm sure they're good though)), and this game doesn't disappoint.

I don't really want to say much more because everything is worth discovering on your own. It's $11 on one of the store fronts right meow.

I'd wait until the entire thing is under $10 on Steam again... Rockstar doesn't deserve to make that much money on it this far into its life, especially considering their shitty business practices. They're better than Activision, worse than Ubisoft and EA.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I liked story and atmosphere of GTA 4 much more honestly. I dropped GTA 5 twise somewhere in the middle, game for some reason felt like it trying to be modern San Andreas but less fun. I guess people who like cosmetics and online love it.

14 minutes ago, ultrayoba said:

I liked story and atmosphere of GTA 4 much more honestly. I dropped GTA 5 twise somewhere in the middle, game for some reason felt like it trying to be modern San Andreas but less fun. I guess people who like cosmetics and online love it.

I kinda lost interest around the time the son started manipulating his dad to get drugs... Just sort of felt bland to me at that point.

12 hours ago, ultrayoba said:

I'm glad to hear gta iv is good. I had my doubts for a long time since I never heard anyone mention it. Not even once. Until I asked "wait gta 5 is out? What happened with gta 4?" this is 2015 i think... Looks like I'll be playing gta iv then as well

12 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

I kinda lost interest around the time the son started manipulating his dad to get drugs... Just sort of felt bland to me at that point.

interesting take.

did you see some shows or movies that had something like this happen in order for it to be bland for you? I don't watch a lot of movies or shows anymore, so it was fresh for me.

Pretty much everything the game has done storywise has kept my attention on some level. The only parts I didn't really like (because we've already been forced to see and hear so much of it) were the black culture stuff; the characters antagonize each other back and forth, and it's a pretty accurate portrayal of how it happens IRL, except they haven't started attacking each other in a cutscene yet. Had I not witnessed this behavior IRL I would think this was just bad writing, but no, the reality is just like that with the taunting back and forth in normal conversation; indistinguishable from adversarial conversation.

13 hours ago, FullBusinessSuit said:

I'm glad to hear gta iv is good. I had my doubts for a long time since I never heard anyone mention it. Not even once. Until I asked "wait gta 5 is out? What happened with gta 4?" this is 2015 i think... Looks like I'll be playing gta iv then as well

Well, GTA4 had probably not most fun missions, in terms of gameplay and tasks. And what GTA4 did impressive at the time when it was new, like detail, physics and stuff not as advanced anymore, so most probably this game will not impress you in 2021.

15 hours ago, FullBusinessSuit said:

interesting take.

did you see some shows or movies that had something like this happen in order for it to be bland for you? I don't watch a lot of movies or shows anymore, so it was fresh for me.

I lived in one of the worst neighborhoods in North America for a little over a year during high school... Half of the people at the school were talking about doing this shit to their parents daily. This was long before the game came out.

15 hours ago, FullBusinessSuit said:

IRL I would think this was just bad writing, but no, the reality is just like that with the taunting back and forth in normal conversation; indistinguishable from adversarial conversation.

Yup, that's what happens when you get intimate... Really bad insults, all with the intention of the exact opposite.

On 1/28/2021 at 12:45 AM, BTGBullseye said:

Yup, that's what happens when you get intimate... Really bad insults, all with the intention of the exact opposite.

I (used to) live in a completely ethnic American part of America, until it was flooded with American Africans in 2013, and they antagonize each other with malintent. It's not meant to be ironic, they're trying to convince the other African that they're serious as well as everyone around them. And it does frequently come to a head, hence ridiculous amounts of "black on black" crime.

Ethnic Americans in my area will screw with each other and it never escalates, because it's as you describe.

Two different ethnicities, two different sets of behavior. There's no reason evolution caused the brain to evolve identically all over the world, no matter how much the American propaganda machine tries to gaslight the world.

Edited by FullBusinessSuit (see edit history)

On 1/26/2021 at 9:59 PM, ultrayoba said:

Nothing will ever top San Andreas

2 hours ago, FullBusinessSuit said:

I (used to) live in a completely ethnic American part of America, until it was flooded with American Africans in 2013, and they antagonize each other with malintent. It's not meant to be ironic, they're trying to convince the other African that they're serious as well as everyone around them. And it does frequently come to a head, hence ridiculous amounts of "black on black" crime.

Ethnic Americans in my area will screw with each other and it never escalates, because it's as you describe.

Two different ethnicities, two different sets of behavior. There's no reason evolution caused the brain to evolve identically all over the world, no matter how much the American propaganda machine tries to gaslight the world.

A bullshit, superficial analysis. Yes, African Americans top out the violent crime statistics, but it has nothing to do with ethnicity- I have seen enough Ethiopian and Nigerian business magnets in Europe to know that's not true. What's plaguing African Americans these days is generational: a downward spiral of decadence that has flown out of a historic systemic oppression.  

Here in the US, the well being of a child is placed squarely on the shoulders of the parents and the child's immediate community; schooling is usually "you get what you put in". To put it simply: if someone is born into degeneracy, they are more likely to turn out degenerate themselves. On the other hand, initatives like affirmative action are simply half-measures that beat around the bush with limited collective benefit. To see actual change, we need overhaul the educational system at a foundational level to pick up the slack for deadbeat guardians and relatives by injecting in more rigor and discipline. 

Edited by Im_CIA (see edit history)

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"