Modern Gaming Appreciation Thread

Sign in to follow this  

Foreword: I just want give my sincere gratitude to the cornucopia of amazing games that have come out in recent years. Long live gaming, may it never die!

Let's share some recent memories of how gaming has changed out lives. 

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

I suffer from a terrible case of crohn's disease. I used to spend hours staring at the tiles on my bathroom wall- then Among Us came out and changed everything. Now I can empty my bowels with pure bliss and enthrallment. This is just one of the few ways gaming has deeply affected me since 2004

Edited by Im_IRS (see edit history)

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

I have found some pretty enlightening games as of the last few years.

RimWorld has been a big one for me. I never expected that one of my favorite settlement/colony games would be discovered completely by accident; but that's exactly what happened.

Though I'm not really sure how to follow up on the Crohn's disease comment. Glad you have things you can do to keep your sanity during the worst of it?

From modern games? Well I liked Ion Fury and awaiting Wrath Aeon of Ruin.

New Super Lucky's Tale was a cute 3d platformer.

Valheim was enough to get me back in touch with a friend from back when I was in Job Corps... (I pronounce it "job corpse" for a good reason) Bought him a copy, now I'm also doing a few other games with him, and even a D&D campaign soon. I co-GMed with him for a Shadowrun group in J.C. so he knows I know how it works, which takes a load off his shoulders as a DM. (I will make him regret it though, as I can do some "fun" stuff well within the rules)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.