Reputation points

Sign in to follow this  

I've added something to the reputation system. It's only quick but it'll do for now.

Basically, it's a points system to stop the reputation from being abused. Everyone starts with ten points. After that, it's up to you to earn points by posting good posts. Each time you give or take reputation, it costs you one point. When you receive reputation, you get two points. When you lose reputation, you lose one point.

Simple enough really. When you give/take reputation it tells you how many points you have left.

You can also click here to find out: rep.php?do=points

Any ideas to expand this would be great.

Oh and sadly, I've removed the quotes from the reputation page.

Feel free to test it on me by giving me reputation!

Alright, I'll be the one to say it.

I WANT THE QUOTES BACK!!!

/rage

Agreed. +1 rep. I miss the quotes already.

Um, just tried something, your new rep system isn't working at all...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Worked fine for me... not that I remember you having -140 reputation...

Would you mind being more specific?

Specific: I took a rep from you and Jexius, then gave it back. No change in how it worked from the previous rep system.

Worked fine for me... not that I remember you having -140 reputation...

Then maybe it's just me that's having it not work the same as everyone else...

Why would you do that? XD

Because you're good people to test it on...

Why would you do that? XD

Because you're good people to test it on...

Oh you misunderstood. You have ten points to start with. Each -rep loses you a point. Each +rep gets you two. When you give/take rep yourself you use up a point. When you get less than 1 point, you can't give or take reputation anymore. You have to post well to get more points so you can continue to use the reputation system.

huh I was sure I was lower then -2 rep before but my points be at 10 still, odd stuffs going on here.

Oh you misunderstood. You have ten points to start with. Each -rep loses you a point. Each +rep gets you two. When you give/take rep yourself you use up a point. When you get less than 1 point, you can't give or take reputation anymore. You have to post well to get more points so you can continue to use the reputation system.

Ok, so I have how many points left?

Ok, so I have how many points left?

if you removed and gave one to each of them then you should have 6 assuming you haven't done anything else with rep.

I like the idea, NEEDS quotes back if possible.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."