WWII Games

Sign in to follow this  

This being D-Day for Operation Overlord, I'd thought I'd replay the Pointe Du Hoc level of Call of Duty 2 and other WWII related games today. Anyone else got similar plans? Got any favorite WWII games?

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Medal of Honor Rising Sun, it had computers that were fun to fight, and Call of Duty 1.

I used to be a hardcore Medal of Honor fan, but as the games got progressively worse.. I soon stopped buying them.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

I really wish CoD games after 1 had kept the fire select switch for the weapons.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

The '09 version? I liked that, in a campy sort of way. Not the greatest game, but good for some fun, especially with the cheats after beating it. The multiplayer was the absolute worst I've ever seen though, worse than Bioshock 2 by far.

Probably my favorite aspect of that game was the "Nazi Iron Man" enemies that would fly around. Also, a crazy fun fact I discovered almost at random? You can use the fireaxes in the emergency boxes. My line of thinking was literally:

Oh, hey an axe, wish I could use it. O WAIT I CAN OZMGS!1!

fire-ax + empower (the red power that makes stuff do extra damage) = hilarious Nazis explosion machine. :mrgreen::twisted:

Although I like them, The WW2 theme is kinda done to death, don't you think? I've been wondering about this for a year or two, but would anyone esle like to play a WW1 game? That doesn't have you flying planes, as a guy on the ground?

"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and asks the ghosts if honour matters! The silence is your answer." -Javik, Mass Effect 3

There are a few WWI fps games out there (I wasn't aware of these until I did a quick search.) NecroVisioN [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIcsF98fqKk[/url] [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NecroVisioN[/url] Darkest of Days (has part of WWI in it) [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKr_LyeyaIc[/url] Making an accurate WWI game (that is an fps) is pretty hard considering that most of the war was a defensive one, I'm sure its possible but it won't be one of the best games out there. It'd most likely end up with alot of missions with you either in an airplane or behind a machine gun in a trench. Still I would like to see a good WWI shooter too.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

I remember playing Call of Duty 2 a long time ago. That was fun.

I should get back into Call of Duty mayhaps.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.