The Casey Anthony Trial

Sign in to follow this  

Florida's legal system: Smoking marijuana gets you convicted, but murder and you get off scott free, and possibly become a millionaire!

The problem is we have a "jury by your peers" system, and some of our peers are freaking idiots.

I served on this jury once, one lady on it dozed through most of the trial. During deliberations she said two things that almost made me strangle her: "I never read books, newspapers, or listen to the radio or television." (She was PROUD of this!!!) and "I don't think I could ever send anyone to jail, no matter what" (Then you were supposed to say that DURING JURY SELECTION, you stupid ****!)

Any surprise that she was the sole hold-out against conviction?*

*Of course, when they polled the jury at the end, she wasn't paying attention and said "guilty." Stupid, STUPID cow.

Dude..... What the fuck...

*Anyways, if that sort of thing happens here we have appeals courts where the mistreated person can call for if he can present evidence there was a bad jury or any other tyupe of corrupted verdict.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Florida's legal system: Smoking marijuana gets you convicted, but murder and you get off scott free, and possibly become a millionaire!

The problem is we have a "jury by your peers" system, and some of our peers are freaking idiots.

I served on this jury once, one lady on it dozed through most of the trial. During deliberations she said two things that almost made me strangle her: "I never read books, newspapers, or listen to the radio or television." (She was PROUD of this!!!) and "I don't think I could ever send anyone to jail, no matter what" (Then you were supposed to say that DURING JURY SELECTION, you stupid ****!)

Any surprise that she was the sole hold-out against conviction?*

*Of course, when they polled the jury at the end, she wasn't paying attention and said "guilty." Stupid, STUPID cow.

Dude..... What the fuck...

*Anyways, if that sort of thing happens here we have appeals courts where the mistreated person can call for if he can present evidence there was a bad jury or any other tyupe of corrupted verdict.

We have that in case of a bad CONVICTION, but there's really no recourse for the people, in the event of a bad ACQUITTAL. In fact, we have specific rules against that sort of thing, like the "double jeopardy" law.

(I may not have been clear. The guy we were trying was guilty, but this one woman hung the jury - so there had to be a retrial. We actually convicted him on all but the one charge on which we were hung. But he WAS guilty of that, too. We proved that in the jury chambers... while this lady obstinately stared out the window and ignored the rest of us.

We rendered the verdicts, which was the official result... she only said "guilty" when they polled the jury as a formality, after the trial was over.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Double jeopardy is the most bitter-sweet thing about the law system here.

I've been hearing several people saying that Casey Anthony may become wealthy due to things like writing a book, making a movie, etc. Somebody please tell me this isn't true.

Ugh, why do stupid people always win in the end? I can thhnk of many more ways to use that money that might actually BENEFIT us a little! But no, let's throw it all away on some stupid bitch that is probably gonna spend all the money on dildos and beer. God I pity us...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I was shocked to see this thread at the top of the list. :shock:

Anyway, you're probably right. She'll just use it to party more, I bet... even if she is innocent.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Overmilked story. So many murders happen every year, and they single out this wacko, making her famous (just what she wants). Just, wow.

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 80 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.