Meltdown

Sign in to follow this  

I got that virus that poses as a phony anti virus software even though i had panda internet security installed, than had the nerve to ask for money. i didnt fall for it or anything, it just found its way in and made a feeble attempt to trick me. it was pretty vicious, it changed enough pieces of windows to lock me out of changing my background, it replaced it with a permanent "your computer is infected". i had to format to get rid of them. Never watch bootleg southpark on fake russian web sites again eh?

Sucks what happened to your computer, at least nothing THAT important was lost.

ouch I know how that feels. only the whole hard drive crashed. Random thing but why don't you put this in your youtube vid of FM 13 so that all of the people who demand that you make another will stop. I'm sure that gets annoying. Just an idea. But Good luck on fixing your comp. Take as much time as you need on FM 14 because the longer it takes to make it the funnier it becomes.

if u had norton u could have never gotten it it would have done this thing where it auto-blocks stuff like viruses i got a hellenistic (i got it a few mouths ago so i don't remember the name of which its spelled) and it protected aganinst that

I hope you channel all that frustration into Gordon's dialogue.

I'm glad you didn't lose everything. Take all the time you need sir.

I can share a NOD32 license Tell if you're interested.

Checkout Malware Bytes. Best thing for post-infection.

That sucks. Looking forward to the next episode. However, I suggest getting Webroot Antivirus.

That program's amazing as it will actively work to protect your PC and what not. Yeah you gotta pay about 50 dollars a year, but it's actual service that works in comparison to AVG (which I had used along with Avast, but neither did their job completely.)

Ive had a virus myself few days ago but this one was pretty weak one coz all I had to do was to return my PC to settings that it had a day ago so Ive lost 2 instaled programs that Ive instaled that day but hey whats two instaled programs to reinstaling nearly entire PC. besides it blocked my internet games everything I was so relived when I found out that this was all I needed to get rid of it

Wow that is rare, you and Otto should really buy an external hard drive and make copies of all his files just in case that happens again or worse

Hey you want a good antivirus system try webroot I've had it for 3 years and not once have I gotten a virus take down my os

Bummer news man,

I really would suggest investing in a good mac (eg.Macbook Pro, I find them more reliable and easier to take care of...really handy keyboard shortcuts too^^), a software that allows you to have windows as a program rather than an OS so you can play HL (there are some really good ones out there), and Screenflick (a really good software for recording your screen in full quality).

As I said, it's just a suggestion so no need to take notice of it, especially seeing that it could be a bit pricey (believe me it's worth it though). Anyway good luck Ross, keep them coming:)

Bubbles

Real sorry to hear that, no worries about any delays. Good luck with the fix.

Cheers.

Hi Ross,

just a suggestion.

Reinstall everything included the OS without an connection to the internet and if ur ready make a image backup from ur hard drive

Kaspersky ] I´m clean since 2 years

I use Trend Micro Internet Security and PC Tools Spyware Doctore myself. Together they seem be doing an excellent job. Granted neither are free, but if you have some money to spend on them I think it'd be worth it.

Weird that both of your computers crapped out at the same time, though. Maybe something is going around?

Anyway, take your time. I just popped in and found that 13 was up, so I'm perfectly glad with that.

Best of windfalls to you!

Well, I hope your comp will get better, and i cant wait to see your guy get a shotgun. It would be hilariouse seeing him with it. Anyway good luck!

Ross, I have some free Norton keys I get through my job as a retailer. Do us all a favor and get a real antivirus, free antivirus programs can't keep up because they just don't make enough money to pay researchers or have research labs.

They usually get hand me downs. You'll be getting an email shortly, don't work youself too hard.

-Enrapture

If your looking for a good anti virus I know one its about 25 dollars scan it every week and u'll never have a prob it was rated the best malware remover 3 years in a row by multiple critics.

If your interested email me. [email protected]

Agree with anon. Webroot is pretty good. Norton is alright too, but get the basic antivirus program. The ones they sell with all the bells a whistles kind of suck.