HL2 Episode 1 or 2?

HL2 Episode 1 or 2?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. HL2 Episode 1 or 2?

• Episode 1
    • Episode 2

Sign in to follow this  

Hard one but I would say episode 2. Episode 1 was good but I prefer episode 2 more because I had much more enjoyable experience with it.

I prefer Episode 2 as well. Just gripped me more.

Eli Vance dying while Alyxx wept over his body was my biggest OMGWTF moment. That was the most emotional scene in the whole HL universe, and I almost cried with Alyxx.

Amazing scene.. Then I raged when the credits rolled. Valve sure is a master when it comes to cliffhangers..

EP2 was better in every way IMO.

I do dislike the lack of normal weapons in both episodes though... (yes, I do know there are parts that have the normal weapons, it's just so damn rare, and so far between the uses though)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Many people says that Ep. 1 was good... but Ep. 2 was amazing. I tend to agree with many people.

There were many people disappointed with Episode One, I was kind of one of them. It was so short. But it's only because the Half-Life series has got me used to very, very high standards, so I was hoping for some more perfection en every game, and Episode One was the most flawed one. Short, kind of boring at some points, and the story progressed very little. Episode 2, otherwise, had an amazing story, with and awesome touching ending, lots of epic Strider and Hunter battles, etc.

It was actually good to see in ep2 that the humans finally kick some serious the good old way. With a nuke.

Poor episode 1. But GOD, I can't wait for episode 3. But to be honest I hope it isn't called episode 3 but half life 3. it sounds cool for one, and also episode make it sound short and that we won't be getting a full game like half life 1 or 2.

Poor episode 1. But GOD, I can't wait for episode 3. But to be honest I hope it isn't called episode 3 but half life 3. it sounds cool for one, and also episode make it sound short and that we won't be getting a full game like half life 1 or 2.
I'm sorry, but it's Episode 3, I don't think there will be any other name. Don't remember who said it, but Episodes 1, 2 and 3 are actually Half-Life 3. They just released it this way to reduce the waiting period. Which is ironic.

I'm sorry, but it's Episode 3, I don't think there will be any other name. Don't remember who said it, but Episodes 1, 2 and 3 are actually Half-Life 3. They just released it this way to reduce the waiting period. Which is ironic.

Would make more sense if they called it "Half-Life 3: Episode 1-3" instead of "Half-Life 2: Episode 1-3" then, wouldn't it?

What I think is that Episodes 1-2 are expansion packs to Half-Life 2, much like Opposing Force and Blue Shift to HL1, and the next installment is actually Half-Life 3.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Also fun fact Half life Blue Shift and Half Life Opposing Force were not made by Valve but Gearbox Software. Valve just over saw it and also at the time Sierra Entertainment was Valves Publisher and Distributors

Also fun fact Half life Blue Shift and Half Life Opposing Force were not made by Valve but Gearbox Software. Valve just over saw it and also at the time Sierra Entertainment was Valves Publisher and Distributors

That's the reason why I hadn't played them until just recently, thought they weren't as good. Turns out they are awesome O.O

gearbox software are awesome man. They don't get enough attention, but I think Duke Nukem will change that.