Violence in Video Games

Sign in to follow this  

the developers of serious sam did not want a serious plot they wanted people to just have fun through violence!

And when he gets to heaven,

To saint Peter he will tell;

One more soldier reporting, sir.

I've served my time in Hell!

the developers of serious sam did not want a serious plot they wanted people to just have fun through violence!

And therefore, the developers of the game did a horrible job.

Serious Sam's IGN score: 7.5

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess's IGN score: 9.5

Serious Sam's Gamespot score: 5.0

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess's Gamespot score: 8.9

My work here is done...

Also known as "Username"

I think both games are good in their own rights. Different strokes for different people. DNF got terrible reviews yet I still think it's more entertaining and fun than most shooters out there.

From what I've heard, the only reason it got bad reviews is because of how long it's been in development...

I guess people expected more highly of a game that was in development for 12 years and got pissed off.

Also known as "Username"

Well, without looking at the long development period, to me it just feels like a good b-movie that might not look or play as good as the competition in the a-market, but still manages to get a certain cult following.

Personally I think the violent game I enjoyed the most this year was Bulletstorm.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

And therefore, the developers of the game did a horrible job.

Serious Sam's IGN score: 7.5

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess's IGN score: 9.5

Serious Sam's Gamespot score: 5.0

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess's Gamespot score: 8.9

My work here is done...

ALL RIGHT YOUR POSTS ARE GOING TO MAKE ME PUNCH MY MONITOR JESUS CHRIST YOU ARE SO HEAVY HANDED WITH YOUR POINTS.

GAMES ARE FUN, NOT ALL OF THEM NEED STORIES.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

GAMES ARE FUN, NOT ALL OF THEM NEED STORIES.

Storyline is what makes the games fun for me, really. Violence can be necessary to add a sense of realism to the game, but I don't think the game should revolve around it and nothing else.

Multiplayer games almost never need storylines since they focus more on winning the game than progressing throughout something, but single player games are abysmal without them.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

I didn't see any mentionable violence in SS1 or SS2, I just enjoyed it because it had a fast pace and an arcadey style.

I don't really pay attention to violence in video games. I usually don't notice it unless there's not enough blood, but I don't mind too much if it's ridiculously gory.

"Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, EVERYONE DIES!" - Gordon Freeman

And critics scores don't really matter either. It's always your personal experience with a game that matters the most. So if you both love the games you play, then I see nothing wrong about that.

I've never really paid much attention to game critics, since it's such a subjective thing to be judging. It takes a bit of personal knowledge to truly recommend a game.