The Neverhood

Sign in to follow this  

Figunaye wins the award for "Best Person on Accursed Farms"

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Figunaye wins the award for "Best Person on Accursed Farms"

Except for Ross Scott, of course.

Ross is not a person on Accursed Farms. He is a God.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x0GmdVJ_kU

I was obsessed with this clay game. I'm wondering who else has played it.

Great game with great character, great plot, great world and great humor.

Created by Doug TenNapel, my idol at drawing

b5.jpg

Played it, very good game of my younger years, never beat the monster when I found it.... got stuck.

I remember walking forever to the right at one point too.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I love that game so much! I've played it through 100 or more times.

I remember when I first played it as a kid. I used paper and pencil to solve the harder puzzles. Oh, and I played it on a windows 95 which frozed and got a bsod when I clicked too much on the apple tree. On windows 98 it got the blurping audio into infinite loop and the game got frozen. That was hilarious for the first time.

Nowadays I play games on wine. And it seems the games are running more reliable and dx9 games a bit faster than on any windows os.

Btw, there's a sequel called Skull Monkeys on the PSX. I beat that game too on an emulator (saving game states is useful). The game was a bit too hard sometimes, and it's a 2d platformer so totally different in gameplay. As for the story and the video cutscenes it was good, enjoyable, but shorter. Much shorter.

My favourite cutscene from the Neverhood chronicles is the robot bill part.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own."

Yeah, you're right. This game is impossible to finish without using paper and pencil. Trust me :)

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I had this demo on a same disc that had demos to Normality and another click-and-point Rock-music dude on a motorcycle game.

Sorry for necroposting, but look what I've just found:

AKeZVUedSl0

:D

"It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own."