Music frustration

Sign in to follow this  

Hey Ross, I know this is off topic but I was wondering have you ever watched any of the other mind series? (Shepard's Mind, Barneys Mind, Parker's Mind etc.) If so what are your opinion of them? (considering every singe Mind series is inspired by you or is inspired by someone who is inspired by you) I'm not sure if you've already answered this question somewhere and I wont mind (pun intended) if it's not important enough for a reply, simply curious.

News! It's news news news incorporated, now proudly merged with news news amalgamated. So the news is now news news news news news incorporated and amalgamated. It'll always be the news. It'll never be sports. Oh I grant you, it may involve it, indirectly, but primarily it'll be news. Sport will be like the annoying toddler that tags along.

Bollocks! Dogs bollocks! There's something inside them. Might be the cure for cancer. Might be the cause of it. We don't know. Progress is expected! But for now we'll just have to wait. News.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on pretty much everything you've said in this post. I am a huge fan of game and movie soundtracks myself, and have a friend who is in the same school of thought as well.

On another note, here is something I want to say: I used to be one of those impatient people who just wanted you to finish the damn episode already, but now I'm starting to dabble in the world of online comics and understand somewhat about deadlines, even if they're ones you've set for yourself. Point of the rambling is this: I'll try to support you (and not be irascible about video updates) even when you're not cranking out videos, because quality (of the video and of your life as well) is much more important than quantity. A stupid video thrown together in a week or less is not as amusing as the videos you work hard on.

Keep up the good work and good luck with your music frustrations (play some Half Life and imagine the head crabs are copy-right Nazis ] ).

Yeah, I guess YouTube really did stuff up this time. I can see you're frustration, YouTube must get allot of complaints lately. Good work and good luck on Civil Protection and Freeman's mind.

Today another youtube video making person thing I follow mentioned this place: youtube.com/doyouthinkyoucan as a place to get music for videos... I think its more for the musicians than video makers but I dunno, its something to check out if you want.

WOW I BEAT HL2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL AWESOME!!. BTW if anyone wants any tips/cheats or anything to help in HL2 i'm happy to start the den00bification process

-Tyger

Yeah Youtube took down a video because I had the 2nd movement from Beethoven's 9th Symphony. At first they muted, which was bad, but then they removed the video outright and gave me a warning, so if I do it two more times they delete my account. I tried to use their audioswap thing but Youtube keeps gutting itself with useless maintenance whenever I try or I choose the song and it all-around doesn't change anything. When browsing through I think I even saw Beethoven's 9th Symphony on the list too. Now I'm too paranoid to put any soundtrack on any of my videos because I'm sure that Youtube is going to get legal on my ass about it.

I don't know about you guys but I'm going to find a video uploading site that DOESN'T treat its user base like a nuisance.

Guf: That's cool, actually one of the projects I'm interested in is renditions of extemely old music like adlib, modtracker, using more modern "instruments"

daizoren: Well I'll definitely listen to any samples you have, email me if you want.

Anonymous at 18:18:36: Actually the irony is that everything I'm talking about is NOT owned by Viacom and I've never received a takedown notice.

Joss: Well it's tricky, because I'd probably be looking at about 70-80% less views going through any other avenue. Also the writing and direction isn't changing any, just the music, which I'm going to be picky about anyway.

Newgrounds people: I'm sure it does have a lot of material, but that's a lot of music to cover hoping I blindly come across what I'm looking for. With soundtracks I have years of history I can immediately access from memory.

Otto: It's not what you can say is covered under Fair Use, it's what the Machinima legal department can be convinced of.

FedoraFred: No, I would need a legal precendet without any room for interpretation to convince Machinima to let me use a different soundtrack.

JacobAndrew: No. It's not me v. Youtube. It's Machinima.com not wanting to risk anything regarding Youtube.

Mr13: Yes, although just the game names would be fine and I could research them on my own, unless finding the soundtrack or being able to extract is exceptionally rare.

Half-Life 2 wiz: Fair Use law isn't that clearcut actually, I read a lot of it. Also Machinima.com is a commercial organization.

Hey Ross

There is a very good documentary about copyright in relation with music.

It's called RiP: A remix manifesto.

I think you would like it, worth a look if you have some free time

link: http://films.nfb.ca/rip-a-remix-manifesto/

From Half-Life 2 wiz: I got an idea, use a sad tune for The Tunnel and keep it good. make some custom music, and i bet it'll be good!

Sorry to hear about your troubles with all of this. I'm a soundtrack freak too

Anyways, good luck.

Yeah, Youtube is too strict... I think if it is in the credits you should be allowed to use it as long as you aren't making money off of it. They are trying to force stupid things on people.

what is the thing in the tunnel?

mystery at the end of the tunnel.

Ross.

I thought quake 3 and it's content were open source.

I don't think the music is a problem it's just that most people think it's a violation and many of peoples favorite sounds get taken down in youtube and such.

Sheridan McMillan

seriosly..i'm actually begging for some newbie to come and need help...c'mon please i really want to help someone...

-Tyger

hey guys barneys mind felix mind chells mind parkers mind and shephards mind are all doing a q

hi all first off i want to to say whats the matter with acursed farms!! twice i tryed to anounced that the other minders are doing a q

Anonymous at 16:09:41 - I've heard of this Q@A many times on this site. Have they completed it? If so where can I find it?

Anonymous at 12:51:29 Have they finished it? Where could I find it?