Putin....

Sign in to follow this  

Ending months of intense speculation, Prime Minister Vladimir Putin agreed Saturday that he would run for a third term as President next March. Putin previously served as Russian president from 2000 to 2008. Given Kremlin control of the media and political parties, the 58-year-old leader is all but guaranteed to win again this time.

Russia's Constitution has changed and now allows two six-year presidential terms, so a victory could open the doors to a Putin quarter century. If he wins two presidential terms he would be in office until 2024. In recent history, only Joseph Stalin ruled Russia for a similar span.

What is this guy up to?????

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Well as long as he doesnt start world war three, or somehow fucks up the world worse than the US has, I think I'll let him enjoy having control of Russia.

34d9313963ad-ass.jpg.jpg

1253954-8947_838d_super.jpeg

In all seriousness, Putin is awesome and don't convince me otherwise. Show me a more badass leader. I challenge you.

Hi Friend.

I was under the impression that he is quite popular in Russia, although I could be mistaken.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Difficult to say.

In the past people if not approved then at least were indifferent. It is possible that this is now changing.

Regards

Putin is ok for Russia.... but for Ukraine......

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Putin is ok for Russia.... but for Ukraine......

You guys really need another hot blonde lady with glasses running things.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Unfortunately the hot blonde lady we had used her sex appeal for covering up the years and years of stealing money and some typical illogical policies (Just like the stereotype blonde)....

Unfortunately the hot blonde lady we had used her sex appeal for covering up the years and years of stealing money and some typical illogical policies (Just like the stereotype blonde)....

So basically she was a politician like any other. Only the sex appeal is beyond the norm for politicians. :lol:

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

"Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has called for a "Eurasian Union" of former Soviet republics along the lines of the European Union.

Mr Putin, who recently announced he is running for president, said the bloc would become a major global player.

He said Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan were already going ahead with economic integration.

However, he denied proposing to re-create the Soviet Union, saying a new bloc would have different values.

"There is no talk about rebuilding the USSR in one way or another," he said in an article in the daily newspaper Izvestia.

"It would be naive to try to restore or copy something that belongs to the past, but a close integration based on new values and economic and political foundation is a demand of the present time."

He said a "Eurasian Union" would "build on the experience of the European Union and other regional coalitions".

Mr Putin said the aim was to "create real conditions to change the geopolitical and geoeconomic configuration of the entire continent and have an undoubtedly positive global effect".

Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan have already formed an economic alliance that removes customs barriers. Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan have said they are studying the possibility of joining the scheme.

Russia has long called for stronger co-operation between ex-Soviet nations.

However, correspondents say earlier attempts at forging closer ties have failed because of sharp economic differences.

Many ex-Soviet nations have also looked to the West and have remained suspicious of Moscow's intentions.

Last month, Mr Putin said he had accepted a proposal to stand for president in March 2012 with the backing of current President Dmitry Medvedev.

Mr Putin had already served two terms as president before Mr Medvedev took over in 2008. Observers say Mr Putin's return to the Kremlin is now all but guaranteed."

Ok now this is either propaganda for voters, scary, modernization or stupid.

You decide.

Putin

Pootin

Pootis

Pootis pow!

I'm sorry, but this is a topic in the Serious Topic Discussion section, it was not necessary to necropost in the topic with a post like that. It's what the Random thread is for, please try to refrain from doing this.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 1 Anonymous, 66 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.