Source engine rant + Freeman's Mind update

Sign in to follow this  

hey man, however long it takes is fine, I've taken a look at the coding used in the Source engine, and it freaked me out. So as long as you keep us informed of your progress, i will never complain. You do great work Ross, keep it up

~GySgt. Murphy

Hey, at least you have the courtesy to give us a heads-up and news update every so often. Much appreciated.

Well, maybe by the time HL2 Episode 3 is released, the latest build of Source and its SDK will have some streamlining done in the animation department. I'm sure Valve runs into the same sort of barriers, and they wrote the bloody thing.

I know it isn't much help now.

I know how much that quality means to you as an artist. As far as I am concerned, feel free to take as much time as you need. We aren't going anywhere. And bluntly speaking, if I should happen to die before you finish the next CP, I hardly think that my last though will be, "oh, man... I wish I could have seen 'The Tunnel'", because I'll be going through my own tunnel

Looking forward to the next FM.

Take care, Ross...

In Christ,

G. B. Jackson

just keep chugging away at it Ross

Stay the course, Ross.

We are a patient bunch, and I believe everything will work out well for you.

(I ROOT FOR ROSS SCOTT!)

ross scott has earned a "shrute buck"

(._.) Well I want the tunnel coming soon.....

But if Ross wanted to upload FM first it's fine to me.....

Maybe you should give a try to UDK, Kismat and Matinee are quite powerful.

Hey Ross, I've been following your work since the first CP episode and love all of it. There is however a point I'd like to make that will probably vex you and a lot of people around here: Why not just drop CP? Judging from your posts it takes a billion hours of frustration to create a single 10min episode, in a series that has just five 'real' episodes so far. Guessing, I'd say most people visiting this site are fans of freeman's mind and are looking for more of that anyway. Ofcourse, the amount of tinkering with Source involved with FM is probably not satisfying, but why put all your effort into the CP framework?

That's fine. But don't give up on the series,your videos are great!

you'r doing a great job with all you'r videos you don't need to rush

But feel free to hurry up

meh, its not a big deal. You make really high grade stuff by my opinion, not to mention the about 200,000 other people. take your time and make sure it comes out to your approval. go FM

just take your time ross.

i know what you're capable of, and all your videos are gold. so dont stress yourself too much.

take it easy and i know, that the time i'm witing will be worth it.

looking forward to every video you make...

greetings!

Anonymous at 12:52:10 here. Thanks for the answer Ross. I'm sorry for the hungry FM crowd. FM gets more attention, especially on youtube because it's a simpler project than CP (I'm not saying worse, I love FM). The "simpler" the video is, the more attention it gets, check out the most subscribed channels, most of them are totally retarded. If you made one FM every week they would still rant because week is like a year in average 14yo youtuber's time.

I think your hardcore fans know CP is your pet project, that's where your ideas come to life. So don't be afraid to focus on it.

Anonymous at 02:13:32 is insane, I had a tiny heart attack reading that.

Sorry to that your having problems Scott, I hope you find an easier way to get things done.

Ross if you ever do decide to accept donations, I'm gonna write a check under the condition that you spend a lot of it on getting yourself an assistant and at least one energy drink of your choice.

Hey Ross,

If you have ideas about Source SDK tools, that can increase the productivity, why don't you provide feedback back to Valve guys?

I mean, they have a strong connection with the community and have a frequently updated toolset.

So, your feedback would be valuable for them.

Dude, Take your time. You know we don't care about time as long as the product is good. So don't rush yourself. It doesn't really help an artist produce masterpieces. Good Luck with the Source engine, since It really does come down to it.