The Free-For-All Free-For-All

Sign in to follow this  

Well, people have been talking about wanting a roleplaying topic for a while so here you go. A very basic one to suit you till others come up with ideas.

Essentially, this is an arena. Fight against other battles in RP style. One rule though, no godmoding yourself.

So lets do this!

*puts on his robe and wizard hat and prepares for the inevitable shitstorm*

Retired Forum Moderator

*Has been in the arena for a long time, lurking in the shadows, waiting for the right time to strike*.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I ain't even in the arena. I'm placing my bets on Rarity winning while I sit upon my throne watching you die for my entertainment.

quiet, arena! you may have the losers.

EVERYONE! YOUNG AND OLD, I AM THE ANNOUNCER! THE FIRST MATCH WILL BE....

KIRKRENG OF IDK AND....RARITY..THAT PONY IN...the wizards outfit...FIGHTERS STEP IN THE CENTER! (to choose the fighters i used ctrl +f typed in a word you all used, then hit the search button, with my eyes closed, over and over until i said stop in my head.)

Oh shit! It's RP time! Ahem*

-A figure walks through the entrance into the waiting area. The light from the outside making him a black silhouette. As he walks in his entirety can be observed. 6' 1'' in stature, lean with what could be told through his attire. Cloaked in gray, his head hooded. Green eyes shined from the darkness. On his left arm was a strange gauntlent. From the gauntlet comes a mess of wires feeding up into his sleeve. Aside from that he looked to be an average person. He walked past a pony dressed in mage attire, who was getting ready for a death match. He paused looking over it curiously. He shook his head and sat down on a bench. He fiddled with his gauntlet in disinterest, waiting for his turn.

[OOC]Oh damn, that was fun.[/OOC]

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

Can I play as irritated minotaur? I want to kick someone's ass. I just can't wait for a fight. I have my axe im my hand, and I'm watching you, people. And I'm eating sandvich. A HUGE one.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

(This isn't my character speaking)

Hey everyone, I've been talking to Rarity a lil bit, about how this could grow, now so far it seems that he's on board with this. The idea is expand on the roleplaying so it's not just an arena, the idea is there's a whole world of mystics/mages, orcs, elves, thiefs, blacksmiths, assassins, guards, knights, nobles, counts/countess, etc. etc. So far I've been doing most of the planning (he told me planning and whatnot tends to give him a headache). Now what I have in mind (prone to change) is there's 6 kingdoms governing 6 major cities (like in Oblivion), now I'll be a king/count, and Rarity will be another (assuming he wants to), now this leaves 4 spots open, now each kingdom will need knights, guards and NPC countess or count (depending if a ruler is male or female), there can be guilds/factions, it depends if one can get a group started to do so, what they do is determined by the guild leader, so if you really wanted to, you could have a thief's guild. Now what I have in mind is let's say Srake decides to level up his character, he would P.M. me, saying "I would like to go train in The West Woods" I would then reply with something like "[iNSERT CHARACTER NAME HERE] was wondering in The West Woods looking for a foe to fight, he spotted a level 3 Bear, [iNSERT CHARACTER NAME HERE] drew his Elder Bow, took out a Poisonous arrow, aimed, fired, and killed the level 3 Bear with a critical shot, [iNSERT CHARACTER NAME HERE] gained 65 G, 50 EXP, and a Potion. [iNSERT CHARACTER NAME HERE] leveled up to level 5". Now let's say he wanted to steal something, he would send a P.M. to me, then if any guard was awake* and in the surrounding area, then it's up to the guard to capture Srake's character and put him into jail. As of right now there's no official sign up sheet/topic, but if you're interested with this extension pack (Free To Play) then I guess you can come up with your character's name, alignment (good or evil), if you want to be a(n) thief, blacksmith, guard, black mage, white mage, red mage, assassin, etc. etc. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go to bed, seeing as it's 1:43 A.M. here.

*If Axeldeath was a guard and was on Accursed Farms, then his character would be "awake", but if he wasn't on Accursed Farms then his character would be "sleeping"

Edit: Please tell me I didn't kill the free-for-all arena/roleplaying by adding a suggestion.

Levels and XP in my opinion are extraneous and unnecessary detail. Even having health indications greater than a number as a percentage I think would be too complicated for the purpose of the narrative, seeing as an RP is basically the dynamic creation of a novel.

But I am more than willing to partake in the nonsense of this thread until it gets organized into someone coming up with a story and coherency for a decent RP thread.

Recall the text-based adventure, except it's not me parsing what happens, everyone has their own character, and it's all held together by a Game Master.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I don't mind being a (or the) Game Master, plus it's just a suggestion, if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen, I wouldn't be heart broked or anything.

Awlright then let's do some kind of vote.

I got a few ideas for RPs that could set some wheels in motion, just quote or shout or whatever if you like some of them.

(Please differentiate in your minds the fact that 'Quests' necessitate dynamic character(s), whereas 'Adventures' do not.)

Space Opera

Speculative Fiction (Clockpunk, Steampunk, Dieselpunk, Atompunk, Rocketpunk, Cyberpunk)

Superheroes

Fantasy

Noir

Well I'm fine with whatever, but I did have Fantasy in mind, so if I had to pick one, my vote's on Fantasy, otherwise I vote for all.

Should there be a character creation thread for this (and possible) future RP games/threads?

From my experience, character pages are created inside the RP thread of their participation, immediately after the Opening Post or initial RP conversation.