Fallout New Vegas Mind Series

Sign in to follow this  

I'm not going to let this topic die so here's an update.

In a couple of months ago I moved into a well suited place for me; got that internet connection sorted but then forgot about this video series. Sorry about that.

I'll be watching them from now on and I might message you with feedback as well as I can.

Thanks man. Season 4's release is getting very close now.

COURIER'S MIND: RISE OF NEW VEGAS

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2181

http://www.youtube.com/user/101Phase?feature=mhee

SEASON 5 WILL AIR IN SUMMER 2013!

So I just got finished watching the series. Gotta say, I love what you're doing here, and the fact that you're going the extra length to make companion dialogue match up with what the Courier is saying gets you a few brownie points as well. It's all pretty funny, and by the way, I don't really get why some people think your accent is a bad thing since the Courier's Brain in OWB has a similar one, so it actually kind of makes sense.

Anyway, I'm late to the party here, but I just wanted to say that this is really good and you should definitely keep it up. Needless to say, I like the Courier's choices so far. I personally have never done the Legion questline (and never will) basically for the many reasons that are covered in your series. I'm looking forward to seeing how he deals with Veronica once you run into her, and I'm hoping for some hilarious snark-to-snark combat between them.

So yeah, just thought I'd drop in and comment now that I'm all caught up, and I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

So I just got finished watching the series. Gotta say, I love what you're doing here, and the fact that you're going the extra length to make companion dialogue match up with what the Courier is saying gets you a few brownie points as well. It's all pretty funny, and by the way, I don't really get why some people think your accent is a bad thing since the Courier's Brain in OWB has a similar one, so it actually kind of makes sense.

Anyway, I'm late to the party here, but I just wanted to say that this is really good and you should definitely keep it up. Needless to say, I like the Courier's choices so far. I personally have never done the Legion questline (and never will) basically for the many reasons that are covered in your series. I'm looking forward to seeing how he deals with Veronica once you run into her, and I'm hoping for some hilarious snark-to-snark combat between them.

So yeah, just thought I'd drop in and comment now that I'm all caught up, and I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode.

Thanks for the feedback, hope you'll like the rest of season 4 :D

Liked the bit about Boone's sunglasses at the end. For some reason my favorite line in this one was when he said "No shit!" to Boone. Something about how he said it makes it 'click' for me.

One thing I like a lot in Freeman's Mind is when Freeman has his 'happy sarcasm' moments. Like, say, when he discovers that second alien tentacle thing and he says "Hey, I was right, it's something horrible!", and in the most recent episode when he says "Oh perfect! That's good, I needed something to take my mind off of death!" I'd love to see some stuff along those lines. As it is, it's kind of just the Courier complaining and arguing with his companions, which is funny and all, but a little more variety couldn't hurt. But don't think I'm just trying to tell you how this all should be done, I'm just offering a bit of feedback here. Anyway, good episode, and again I'd say to keep it up.

I'm still working on Season 3, but I agree with Twi. Overall, the series has been pretty top-notch in my opinion besides probably the first two episodes. But really, what could you do? Can't wait to see what you'll do with the brain in OWB, as well. Keep up the good work, bro.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I'm still working on Season 3, but I agree with Twi. Overall, the series has been pretty top-notch in my opinion besides probably the first two episodes. But really, what could you do? Can't wait to see what you'll do with the brain in OWB, as well. Keep up the good work, bro.

lol all of my subscribers are asking me when I'm gonna do OWB as well. tbh it'll be some time yet. And btw, the last 3 episodes of season 3 are probably some of my best episodes, I'm not sure how and when I can top them.

"Yeah this is the part where you give me a job with no pay."

Hah.

So which faction are you going to be siding with in the series? Seems fairly obvious that it's not gonna be NCR or Legion, so that leaves Mr. House or Yes Man. Have you decided already, or would you rather not say?

"Yeah this is the part where you give me a job with no pay."

Hah.

So which faction are you going to be siding with in the series? Seems fairly obvious that it's not gonna be NCR or Legion, so that leaves Mr. House or Yes Man. Have you decided already, or would you rather not say?

I'd rather not say :P, but here's a thought: would his opinions stay constant throughout the series? For example, at this moment in time he hasn't really seen the better side of the NCR yet.

This is true, but I'm not sure if there is a 'better' side of the NCR that you see in the game. They're portrayed in the game as largely being a force of good, yet being too overstretched to accomplish these goals, in direct contrast to the Legion, which is frighteningly competent but cruel and ruthless. That's pretty much exactly what you see throughout the game, up to and including them sending the Courier to defeat the factions that oppose them by himself. Honestly, the good side of the NCR is only inferred and taken at the word of certain characters (which the courier has blatantly ignored so far) so I'm not really sure what'll impress him about the NCR later on.

And don't get me wrong, I personally think that the NCR is definitely one of the better choices in the game (if not the best) but there isn't really anything that I remember that would shift the Courier's impressions of them, since even at the end of the game they only win the Battle of Hoover Dam if the Courier intervenes on their behalf.

Well, without meaning to spoil anything but after Forlorn Hope, the next major NCR base would be McCarran. The Courier as he stands now is someone who respects results more than how you got those results. While that might make him sound like someone who would support the Legion, he fundamentally doesn't agree with the kind of results they want to make. Now think of what he's going to find in McCarran: An officer who WILL hire mercenaries to kill fiends, 1st Reacon, another officer who's doesn't shy away from physical interrogations etc. Up until now this is the sort of thing he believes the NCR sorely lacks...

Hmm, random question, what line of dialogue prompts Boone to say "Is that a joke?" because I've never heard him say that before. While we're at it, what about "You sick bastard" which I also heard the first episode they joined up?

I honestly don't know lol, I just found those lines when I use Fallout Mod Manager to Browse BSA files. I think the 'is that a joke' line was from the other guy and the 'you sick bastard' line comes from if you did something he doesn't approve i.e. joining the Legion or finishing his first quest without finding the evidence.