Fallout New Vegas Mind Series

Sign in to follow this  

"I'm just here to shoot people and bitch about things."

Bahaha, that sums up every mind series ever.

Oh, and "I wasn't actually thinking about looting this place, but thanks for reminding me."

*Angry Beeping*

Troll Courier? I'd love to see more of that.

Anyway I've enjoyed Season 4 so far, although I admit I really hate that intro song you picked. It's a total ear worm and it won't get out of my head. Out of curiosity, how long are you gonna stick with Boone?

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

"I'm just here to shoot people and bitch about things."

Bahaha, that sums up every mind series ever.

Oh, and "I wasn't actually thinking about looting this place, but thanks for reminding me."

*Angry Beeping*

Troll Courier? I'd love to see more of that.

Anyway I've enjoyed Season 4 so far, although I admit I really hate that intro song you picked. It's a total ear worm and it won't get out of my head. Out of curiosity, how long are you gonna stick with Boone?

Well I always pick songs that have the same name as a particular quest in the season, but for some reason the devs didn't do that for the Forlorn Hope one. So yeah, I'm not a big fan of that particular song either (I Fought the Law is still my favourite). As for Boone, spoiler alert, wait for episode 10.

COURIER'S MIND: RISE OF NEW VEGAS

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2181

http://www.youtube.com/user/101Phase?feature=mhee

SEASON 5 WILL AIR IN SUMMER 2013!

Ha, nice ending. Also finally! Veronica my love has entered the picture! (Especially when I'm doing an energy weapons build. Having a companion who can recycle and convert energy weapon ammo is incredibly useful).

Anyway, how're you planning to handle companions from here on? I'm guessing you have a mod or something to allow you to have as many as you want, but even if you can have unlimited companions wouldn't this all get really crowded if you had a bunch of people with you? The arbitrary headcount limit in NV might be, well, arbitrary, but it'd bog you down pretty quickly if you had a bunch of people around wouldn't it?

Ha, nice ending. Also finally! Veronica my love has entered the picture! (Especially when I'm doing an energy weapons build. Having a companion who can recycle and convert energy weapon ammo is incredibly useful).

Anyway, how're you planning to handle companions from here on? I'm guessing you have a mod or something to allow you to have as many as you want, but even if you can have unlimited companions wouldn't this all get really crowded if you had a bunch of people with you? The arbitrary headcount limit in NV might be, well, arbitrary, but it'd bog you down pretty quickly if you had a bunch of people around wouldn't it?

Yeah I realised that a while back but I have a few ideas. Just because I CAN have as many companions with me as I want doesn't mean I will: there are some quests out there where having the whole crew around is not really necessary, therefore I can just say they're all taking a break somewhere or sorting out their own problems etc. Hell, I can even use them to skip some uneventful quests e.g. collecting debts (why only have the Courier do all the work when everyone else can pitch in some effort?).

COURIER'S MIND: RISE OF NEW VEGAS

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2181

http://www.youtube.com/user/101Phase?feature=mhee

SEASON 5 WILL AIR IN SUMMER 2013!

True, and I always thought it was ridiculous how the Courier can recruit what's basically a squad of very skilled people, only for all of them to sit on their asses in the Lucky 38 except for one person and a dog/robot. I figure even in the Final Battle you could stick Boone on that ridge to the left of the dam and let him have his way with the Legion while the Courier and a couple of the melee companions do the heavy fighting. Though even minus Boone that's quite a few people, unless you aren't going to recruit many companions, and I'm not quite sure how much you can explain away absences from the Hoover Dam battle.

True, and I always thought it was ridiculous how the Courier can recruit what's basically a squad of very skilled people, only for all of them to sit on their asses in the Lucky 38 except for one person and a dog/robot. I figure even in the Final Battle you could stick Boone on that ridge to the left of the dam and let him have his way with the Legion while the Courier and a couple of the melee companions do the heavy fighting. Though even minus Boone that's quite a few people, unless you aren't going to recruit many companions, and I'm not quite sure how much you can explain away absences from the Hoover Dam battle.

Well, Gannon can be told to not be in the final battle and stay in the old mormon fort, thus, gaining the Courier a badass armor. Like you said, it would make sense for Boone to be on the ridge since he is a sniper. Depending on what ending you pick for Raul in his personal quest, I think he would rather not be on the frontline (but that would mean no ghoul vaquero :( ). Maybe the King will ask for Rex to be returned since he believes the courier quests are getting far too dangereous.

That would leave Ed-E with the robot spot of the party, but we still have Veronica, Cass and Lily for the humanoid spot, I will have to stretch a little bit here, but depending on the outcome of Veronica's personal quest and the quests concerning the relationship between the BOS and the NCR, its hard to believe that the Brotherhood would approve of Veronica siding with the NCR on the final battle. About Lily, this will probably depend a lot on what relationship the Courier will develop with her, but after her personal quest, the Courier might find that such a big battle could make her even more unstable, or think that the medicine is handicapping her too badly for such a fight. That would leave Cass for the humanoid spot since she is NCR anyway.

This is presuming that every Companion will be recruited and alive by the end and that the game wont be modified, but since its THE last battle and this game can be modified, I think I would prefer the approach "We will scatter at the beggining to cover more ground on the battlefield and in the middle of the battle I will switch between companions" or something like that, that way, the ammount of companions wont feel overwhelming and all of them will get their moment of glory in the grand finale.

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

There could also be a big damn heroes moment where everyone the courier sent on a separate mission shows up at the last second to bail him out on the fight with the Legate (Although I suspect that the Courier will just bullshit his way out of that, as is the norm so far). But yeah, you have a point, I forgot that Arcade can fight with the Enclave Remnants if you do his quest, and if Raul goes with the retirement route, you could say he's off somewhere fixing NCR guns for them or something. Veronica, Lily, Cass, Courier, and EDE would be the best combination for storming the Dam, and they're all that are left I think, and that might not be too bad but between them and the NCR soldiers it still might be pretty crowded. Ah well, I'm sure Phase will find a way to make it all work.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that Courier's Mind is actually a fair amount longer than Freeman's Mind now.