Denmark Fat Tax

Sign in to follow this  

Good for denmark?

I actually think a huge part of fast food being so popular is because it is very cheap and already ready.

So taxing it would be a good idea IMO :) as long as people generally agree with this tax.

Also the tax can go to the government that can do a bunch of good/demands for the from the people.

EDIT:

In order for it to work they have to make healthy food cheaper then fat food though.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

This is like having a special tax on Liberals because they vote for higher government spending.

Wait. I LIKE that idea.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

I agree with you Pro, it sounds like a good idea as long as healthy food is cheaper. Otherwise its useless.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All this will do is raise the inflation further.

These things never work - look at tobacco or alcohol or gasoline excise duties. People still buy these things because they need or want to.

In fact what it will likely do is to cause poorer people to switch to even lower quality food, which will have higher fat content but will still be cheaper because the rest of the ingredients came from the garbage bins...

Look, the way this tax appears to work is that essential (and dietary important) food ingredients like butter will be taxed the highest. So, people will switch to some gutter oil-based margarine which will be cheaper than good butter even with the tax and all...

Go to any supermarket - the amount of fruit and vegetables and all sorts of other food available now (all year round) is phenomenal. At no time in history there was such an abundance of different foods available to and being within the purchase power of the general population.

What is manifestly lacking is a food culture. You have a choice suitable for patricians but the masses of consumers with plebeian taste on whom all this choice is wasted. Until that is changed you may tax or not tax - your people will still eat cr*p.

Regards

I agree with you Pro, it sounds like a good idea as long as healthy food is cheaper. Otherwise its useless.

Having radically changed my diet in the last few months - I'm a diabetic, AND my father had a heart attack and triple bypass this summer - I can tell you...

"Healthy" food is expensive as fvck.

So yeah, useless.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

This is like having a special tax on Liberals because they vote for higher government spending.

Wait. I LIKE that idea.

Thank you! I'm not the only friggin' conservative here! This is a fantastic tax idea for the US. It gets some more revenue for the country and will hopefully result in less obesity in Americans.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Fluttershy is a conservative. Wow, you learn something everyday I guess.

Hi Friend.

You thought I was liberal? I'm technically a libertarian with a conservative economic policy. Taxes are meh, but this one is a great idea. Other than that, we need to spend less on foreign affairs, get rid of a lot of our benefits plans, and get our exporting through the roof, while lowering imports.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

This is a great idea.

If you think about it, a Happy Meal costs $5,000. Whatever amount for the "food," the rest for coronary bypass surgery.

So, this tax is saving you money, in the long run.

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

Sign in to follow this  

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.