Count to 1,000,000

2041 - Scheduled completion of the proposed project to create a railroad connecting Moscow to New York.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

2041 - New Canada's invasion of Old Canada was thwarted by a single Mountie, but not before a barge was successfully commandeered.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

2043 - Assuming no further changes in the copyright law, all sound recordings fixed between February 15 and December 31, 1972 will enter public domain in the United States.

The Indian Economy could surpass the US Economy, predicted by Goldman Sachs.

2045 - Futurist Ray Kurzweil predicts a Technological singularity for 2045, i.e. a runaway cycle of self-improvement by intelligent machines, resulting in explosive technological development.

Based on Ray Kurzweil's ideas, Time magazine predicts humans will be immortal by this year.

Demographic projections "foresee the population of Egypt overtaking that of Russia by 2045," according to Niall Ferguson.

Two of Japan's largest cities - Tokyo and Osaka - will be connected by a direct high-speed maglev route.

The United Kingdom is set to overtake Germany as Europe's leading economy.

According to a 2003 NASA study, a manned mission and subsequent colonization of Jupiter's moon Callisto may become possible around this year .

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

2047 - A METI message called Teen Age Message sent from the 70-meter Eupatoria Planetary Radar will arrive at its destination, 47 UMa star.

The present "one country, two systems" in Hong Kong may end, as it was guaranteed for 50 years starting from July 1, 1997, provided under the Hong Kong Basic Law. The agreement was raised by Deng Xiaoping to deal with Hong Kong's reunification with the People's Republic of China in 1997, and stipulated in the Sino-British Joint Declaration of 1984. What will be done is not stated in any document.

2 total lunar eclipses will take place this year.

After this year, works published between January 1, 1978 and December 31, 2002 have the possibility of entering the public domain in the United States. U.S. copyright law specifically prohibits any work created during that period from automatically entering the public domain before this date.

2048 - New Canada invaded by seagulls. They are eventually fought back, but French Fry supplies are now dangerously low.

2049 - The very earliest and possible response signal from the Gliese 581 vicinity, should there be one by intelligent extraterrestrial life, will be received. A signal was transmitted to the Gliese 581 vicinity in August 2009, taking about 20.3 years to reach its destination.

The present "One country, two systems" with Macau, guaranteed for 50 years starting from December 20, 1999 provided under the Basic Law, will expire.

The video game"Halo" takes place in 2049.

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

2051 - A METI message Cosmic Call 1 sent from the 70-meter Eupatoria Planetary Radar arrives at its destination, Gliese 777 star.

The Washington State Ferries time capsule will be opened, celebrating WSF's 100th Anniversary.

Over 1.7 million people in the United Kingdom will be suffering from dementia according to reports published in 2007 by the London School of Economics and Institute of Psychiatry.

Over 2052 Nazis were killed in the making of Wolfenstein The New Order.

2053 - The United States of America's armed forces are presumed to phase out the entire M1 Abrams fleet from service. By this time, the M1 Abrams will have seen 71 years of service with the U.S. Army and USMC. It will be presumably replaced by Main battle tanks or weapons systems resulting from either the GCV (Ground combat vehicle) program, or cancelled FCS (Future combat systems) program.

2053 sees the end of World War III, as given in Star Trek: First Contact. This was originally presumed to be the starting date for the War, but that was given as 2026 in the Star Trek: Enterprise two parter, "In a Mirror, Darkly". The currently given end year clouds logic over how in 2079, there is a postatomic horror directly attributed to the aftermath of World War Three (TNG episode "Encounter at Farpoint").

Uh... My game timeline says we get invaded by alien monkey-dogs and bear people in 2056. That's... That's all I got.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

2057 - This year will see the very rare occurrence of two total solar eclipses in a single calendar year (on January 3 and December 26). The last time this occurred was 1889. The next time it will occur is 2252. (Eclipse predictions by Fred Espenak, NASA/GSFC.)

A METI message Cosmic Call 1 sent from the 70-meter Eupatoria Planetary Radar arrives at its destination, 15 Sge star.

A METI message, called the Teen Age Message, sent from the 70-meter Eupatoria Planetary Radar arrives at its destination, HD 76151 star.

A METI message, called the Teen Age Message, sent from the 70-meter Eupatoria Planetary Radar arrives at its destination, 37 Gem star.

The world's oil supply is officially depleted. (something we all know is total bullshit)

In 2007, a documentary series aired on the Discovery Channel that portrayed the technology, lifestyle, and state of the world in 2057.

The events of the 2000 film Red Planet take place from 2056 to 2057.

The world's oil supply is officially depleted. (something we all know is total bullshit)

Depends on how much is used in that timeframe. If demand decreases due to alternative green sources, then oil will not be needed anymore.

2059 - Politicians burned for fuel; World Peace ensues.

80C - One third of the world's energy could be solar, according to projections by the International Energy Agency (IEA). (which is bullshit if their current estimates of technological advancement, and monetary/resource costs are to be believed)

Temperatures could rise by 4°C. (only if you believe in global warming as being something other than the climate cycles that it perfectly matches)

Sea levels will rise by 9-24 inches. (or the land sinks that much)

China and India combined will be economically larger than the entire developed world. (implying that they will cease to be "developed")

The Office for National Statistics has predicted that the United Kingdom's population will be 81 million.

Japan estimates that 40% of its population will be of retirement age, whilst its population will have shrunk by 30%.

Isaac Newton predicted that the world, according to his interpretation of the Bible, would end no sooner than 2060. (we're safe until then, at least)

BE, a concept album by Swedish progressive metal band Pain of Salvation, tells that in this year the human population will be reduced to only 1.2 million. (we can only hope)