Atheism/Theism

I think the two of us are positing different statements based upon different definitions of "as far as recorded history has stated".

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Of course if there was no God, there would still be atheism. Atheism simply means the rejection of the belief in a deity.

For example, let's call the belief that magic doesn't exist "antimagicalism." Since magic doesn't exist and physics explains what moves everything, couldn't physicists be called "antimagicalists"?

But is the main thinking for the physicists "Physics" or "Anti-Magic"?

That suddenly turns from a theological consideration to just nuance details of a description.

I just realized I answered my own question. If there was no God, then "Theism" would be a term without meaning and any meaning derived from it would simply be conjecture. And if one thought that the conjectural meaning of Theism was credible, then it would simply engage the fact that there are far more deists than there are atheists.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Atheism simply means the rejection of the belief in a deity.

Which in turn constitutes a belief (as there is no objective proof one way or the other).

Regards

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 59 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.